GUIStudioMDL compiling error

Hello, just made my first model in a 3d program (autodesk maya)and would like to make it appear in GMOD,
but this error appeared in the compiling process…

any suggestions?

Added game config - “Garry’s Mod”

Created command line: “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps<my steam name>\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\studiomdl.exe” -game “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps<mysteamname>\garrysmod\garrysmod” -notxbox “C:\Users<myusername>\Documents\maya\projects\default\model_sources\Ice cream.qc.qc”

MountFilesystem( 218 ) failed: SteamMountFilesystem(5564,218,0x10a1fd28=,0x10a1fc18) failed with error 5: No Steam Content Servers are available
Created command line: “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps<mysteamname>\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\studiomdl.exe” -game “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps<mysteamname>\garrysmod\garrysmod” -notxbox “C:\Users<my username>\Documents\maya\projects\default\model_sources\Ice cream.qc.qc”

qdir: “c:\users<my username>\documents\maya\projects\default\model_sources”
gamedir: “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps<my steam name>\garrysmod\garrysmod”
g_path: “Ice cream.qc”
Working on “Ice cream.qc”
Error opening c:\users<my username>\documents\maya\projects\default\model_sources\Ice cream.qc

Post your qc, check the GUIStudioMDL.exe is in the /sdk/bin/ep1/bin (though it looks like you have or it wouldn’t run), check that the FileSystem_Steam.dll is in your sdk/bin/ep1/bin (as it went missing a few days ago for some).

Then if we can’t figure it out from those, try StudioMDL instead.

here are the .qc code :stuck_out_tongue:

$modelname “models<my steam name>\Ice cream.mdl”
$cdmaterials “<my steam name>”

$scale 1
$surfaceprop “metal”

$sequence idle “Ice cream.smd” fps 1

$collisionmodel “Ice cream.smd” {
$mass 100.0
$inertia 1.00
$damping 0.00
$rotdamping 0.00
}

Your missing a line (and important one)

$body studio "Ice_cream.smd"

Needs to go under the $scale line. See if that helps.

didnt seem to work, still says that the file couldnt be opened >.<

btw, must the name have a: _
instead of just a simple space

Lua files do but i don’t think SMDs do (I just missread what you’d wrote as I tend to use them :P) but you must put the exact name of your SMD so if it doesn’t have one you don’t put one.

ok, i keep in mind…

going to try to make a new model from scratch with maya and then make it step by step through this ocean of filetypes and programs…

question:
are this the right steps?

makeing the maya model file into an .smd ( am feeling i got the hang of it)
then, make a so called qc file of the .smd
and then open it up with the compiling program…
and after that in some magic way i should have a .mdl that can be opened up in garrys mod :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Sounds right to me ^^ Though you will need to convert the textures into VFT files and make VMT files for them.

VMT files :O?, what are those doing :P, and how do i do a VMT file :p?

"VertexLitGeneric"
{
	"$baseTexture" "<my steam name>/(name of texture)"
}

Thats your most basic one (using the path from your qc), once you’ve mastered that have a look here ^^