GUISTUDIOMDL DOSE NOT WORK :(

GUIStudioMDL 2.2/Source - © 2007 Neil ‘Jed’ Jedrzejewski - http://www.wunderboy.org/

ERROR EP1 tools path is not valid - use “Config” then “Set EP1 Tools Path…” from the menu to set it.

i set it to SOURCESDK/BIN/EP1/BIN

Added game config - “Garry’s Mod”

Loaded QC file - “C:\Users\jordan\Desktop\lego\compile.qc”

then this happens and i cant find a way to fix it The location of ‘studiomdl.exe’ for this SDK version is invalid ormight not of been set

can i plz get some help

There should be a button to add a custom gameinfo.txt; add what you want to use from there.

Also, I recommend Crowbar. GUIStudioMDL doesn’t support a lot of Steampipe features.

Use Crowbar or StudioCompiler instead. Problem solved.

studiocompiler crashes on my computer when i try to config it

my £1300 gaming pc

Either type out the directories manually when configuring, or go to the folder in question for the specific directories you need and copy-paste the path into the appropriate fields.

well that worked thanks

so can i ask is there a tut for studio compilet
(for player models)

There aren’t any tutorials for the compiler itself as that would be highly redundant; all you’re using the compiler for is to actually make the .SMD files (and any other related files mentioned in the .QC) into a Source-compatible model that can be used in your Source-based game of choosing. The only things you might actually need a tutorial for would be related to what you’re wanting to do (creating player models, making props, headhacks, etc.), and there are a few of those that can be found around here by doing a bit of searching.

can i ask on any help with this B:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SourceSDK/bin/ep1/bin/studiomdl.exe -game “B:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod” “C:\Users\jordan\Desktop\lego\compile.qc”
Can’t find steam app user info.

StudioMDL Thread complete

i recommend compiling with the HL2 folder rather than gmod.

like in sourcesdk because i dont own hl2

what games do you own?

valve games
tf2
csgo
cs source
dota 2
gmod
l4d
l4d2

(i have way more games than that but there only the valve ones)

try using the CSS option instead of gmod, see if it compiles.

B:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SourceSDK/bin/orangebox/bin/studiomdl.exe -game “B:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin\sdklauncher” “C:\Users\jordan\Desktop\lego\mdldecompiler.qc”
WARNING: AppFramework : Unable to load module p4lib.dll!
Can’t find steam app user
info.

:L

not CSGO, but CSS (Counter-Strike Source), also be sure you have Steam running.

B:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/SourceSDK/bin/ep1/bin/studiomdl.exe -game “B:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike” “C:\Users\jordan\Desktop\lego\mdldecompiler.qc”

:L

be sure you have steam open and logged in, if you still receive the error, startup SourceSDK. It could be easily that you installed SourceSDK and never let it do it’s setup on startup(Though I think it would spit a different error) or it could be that it just wants to be an asshole until you launch SDK, happened to me before, don’t remember the error I received when it decided not to work just for shits and giggles.

being a asshole i would gladly give some one my models and they rig it for me

If you’re using StudioCompiler, configure the game directory so that the tools are pointing to the bin folder for the tools you need (for example, Counter-Strike Source would be something like “C:…\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin”), and then set the game directory to wherever it is that you’re compiling to. If the compiler throws an error saying that it can’t find gameinfo.txt, simply copy the gameinfo.txt file from the game itself and paste it to the location you are compiling to. Some consider it a messy workaround, but it works.

B:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/SourceSDK/bin/ep1/bin/studiomdl.exe -game “B:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin” “C:\Users\jordan\Desktop\lego\mdldecompiler.qc”

am login to steam at the same time
and i copyed the gameinfo