THIS IS A SUGGESTION FOR DOWN THE ROAD; NOT NOW!
So relax, brah.
I was playing some insurgency and I realized, This game probably has some of the best gunplay I’ve ever experienced. I was thinking, what if we took some of the elements from that game, and brought it over here? I do NOT mean make every weapon accurate as hell and have zero recoil. Those things should still exist but we need to make it feel good and less broken
If we can take a moment to consider how choppy the combat feels now, we can come to an understanding that we need to change it for the better. There’s a few things that Insurgency has that I personally feel RUST needs:
Description: Allows your gun to ‘lead’ a bit before you actually move and turn. This is great for not only helping with accuracy, but also keeping your actual camera from going crazy due to recoil. Finally, it feels more organic instead of staying stiff as well as giving Laser Sights an actual purpose.
- More natural feel
- Better aiming
- More skillful (More challenging)
- Recoil doesn’t fuck with your cam as much.
- There really isn’t any, other than people being used to what’s already there and complaining about it later… But honestly, people complain about everything nowadays.
Description: Only the scope itself is zoomed in, not your entire screen. This not only feels good, but looks far more natural. Not to mention it gives you the benefit of using your peripheral vision.
- Better aiming
- Allows you to keep a bit of your situational awareness
- Looks natural
- Mimics real life: Soldiers always aim with both eyes open.
- Again, this is really just a plus, I honestly cannot think of anything.
- MAYBE a limited FOV? But honestly, that’s a good thing. Would cut down the vision of the sniper so… That’s a plus for the other guy!
No Tracer Rounds:
Description: Just like it says, Remove tracer rounds. Let me explain: Tracer rounds were designed for one thing, to help the shooter hit his target. So my argument is this, I’d rather not know where a shooter is and him have a harder time hitting me, than to know where the shooter is and him already know where he needs to place his next shot. There are plenty of other methods to help notify players that they are being shot. For example, blur their screen and make a loud ‘crack’ sound when bullets fly by.
- Allows players to shoot without having a pretty line drawn to them (Muzzle flash should still exist)
- Makes it harder for people to aim, giving nakeds a chance to escape
- Makes it harder for snipers to MERC lowbies across the map.
- Makes it harder for you to MERC lowbies across the map.
- On occasion will make it a bit harder for you to locate your enemy. Though, it can still be done due to the muzzle flash of the shooter and where the bullets land. (Trust me, I don’t need tracers to find my target. I’ve played enough Arma. )
NOTE: I still feel Tracers should be an option. Toggle tracers for one day, you’ll see the difference in the community.*
Description:** Currently, tapping doesn’t exist the way it should. Yes, we can tap our guns, but the recoil is WAY to crazy even then. The player should be rewarded for tapping their trigger much more than they are. Of course, going full auto with an AK should result in you losing your target.
- Allows for better shooting
- Makes gunplay less frustrating
- Feels more natural
- Loose aiming keeps tapping from becoming OP!
- Players become more accurate, but if tracers are removed and loose aiming is enabled then this problem is eliminated naturally
- Someone with good trigger discipline will be a larger threat… But that player could be you as well.
- I want guns to have a healthy amount of recoil still, but not too much like it is now
- I’m not saying follow this game to a T, but to find inspiration from it and make it work with RUST