GWarfare "The War that will end War" (Mass Scale PVP Action)

[release]Updates
5/18 XP Formula and system reworked should be a lot more stable now
5/18 Shop System Almost Finished
5/8 - Rewriting inventory code, for custom GUI (with eyecandy!)
5/5 - Every Class Now uses its own Model
5/1 - We now have a playable version, I’m not saying it’s fully functional but it’s playable :slight_smile:
4/30 - Bullet penetration is now fully functional!
[/release]

[release]

“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
[/release]

[release]While me and Alvaro where working on GCampaign we did some brainstorming and decided to expand the pvp side of GCampaign and release it as “GWarfare”

-Community website coming next week[/release]

[release]

GWarfare is a brand new way of competitive gameplay in Garry’s Mod, it’s main focus is on “Realism”, “Mass Scale” and “Customization”. Our goal is to create a fun gamemode that can be played in small scale (ex.12 vs 12) and mass scale (32 vs 32) with or without vehicles.

We believe the most important subject of any community are the players, our players will have a big impact on our gamemodes and servers. We want our players to explain us there ideas on how to make the game more exciting and more fun.[/release]

[release]

We have got some great inspiration from games like Battlefield and PlanetSide and would like to bring a Garry’s Mod Mass Scale PvP Combat gamemode with vehicular options. Different gamemodes will be used such as “Capture the flag” and “Zone Control” with vehicles and more players.

Players will be able to drive tanks, fly helicopters, transport troops with jeeps or just walk around and try to shoot the enemy. Team play is very important.[/release]

[release]

A big part of this gamemode is the customization, you will be able to fully customize your weapon with scopes, grenade launchers, grips and more. You will buy the weapons form the black market with money that you earn while playing the game.

The Gamemode also features a level/perk system, for each kill and completed objective you will earn experience you can use this to upgrade your health and to choose new perks to run faster, reload faster or something else.

With our forums we want to community to tell us what they like,dislike and want in our gamemode(s). They can make maps that we will run in our gamemode suggest weapons for us to make and more.[/release]

[release]

We are working for almost 2 months now and the gamemode is playable we are now working on the vehicular spawn system and adding more content and eye candy. We shall do some private testing soon and we hope to open the servers in May or June.

*I will make a full list of what is done and what hasn’t soon *
[/release]

[release]

** Maps:**
gw_rooftop WIP
This is one of the smaller maps for GWarfare, the screenshots are still work in progress we are not sure if we are going to release this map since this is our map to test the gamemode
[img_thumb]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_itlFX1tM2p4/TblU7U548aI/AAAAAAAAAXU/gvh2HAcABcE/s912/hl2%202011-04-28%2013-48-22-17.png[/img_thumb]
[img_thumb]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_itlFX1tM2p4/TblU7spmhjI/AAAAAAAAAXY/FUIxO_e2-_w/s912/hl2%202011-04-28%2013-48-48-89.png[/img_thumb]
[img_thumb]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_itlFX1tM2p4/TblVIjFMVNI/AAAAAAAAAXo/fgyH5mXlAaw/s912/hl2%202011-04-28%2013-49-25-10.png[/img_thumb]
[img_thumb]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_itlFX1tM2p4/TblVEZEju7I/AAAAAAAAAXk/uzfeJXqFlEM/s912/hl2%202011-04-28%2013-49-06-36.png[/img_thumb]

[/release]

If you guys can actually get to a releasable stage with this, you deserve a medal.

The way you’ve presented this makes it seem like it’s going to be really fast-paced, like you’ll be running and gunning without really thinking. I don’t think that would really complement the “realistic” theme you’re going for. If it was just straight manic deathmatch, people would get bored very fast, I think. And if it was realistic, it’d have to be slow-paced, which doesn’t really complement mass-scale.

Now, if you created a kind of “war roleplay”-esque gamemode, where it was meant to be slow-paced, that’d be a different story. Just picture it. Moving up against the side of a building slowly, with your teammates behind you. Then quickly looking round the corner to see an oil well not far away, making the other team $$$ to buy weapons, with multiple enemies around it. And then contacting your team by radio, and asking someone at face to launch an airstrike with a helicopter.

This just makes me wish the map size for source games would be bigger. Come on Valve…you can do it for us!

Does the Empires mod way work on lua?
Probably not

Don’t they just size everything down to make the map seem bigger

We’ll try to make it more realistic with head motion (We won’t overdo it) blur when you get shoot and shoot and non unlimited sprint and that kind of stuff to make the game less of a big giant shootout, while developing almost everyday we get new idea’s on how to make it better and more realistic.

[editline]30th April 2011[/editline]

They size everything down, sadly we can’t do that or else everyone looks like giants.

Empires mod has no scaling, and you can rescale players. Physics are the only issue, but gm_queryphys can rescale them without clientside prediction.

[release]
Updates
4/30 - Bullet penetration is now fully functional!
[/release]

And some more screenshots of the “test-map” progression

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/itlFX1tM2p4/TbxGKV8y_xI/AAAAAAAAAY0/yA2qnlo-9Y/s912/hl2%202011-04-30%2019-19-26-25.png

I assume this wont be released released for public cause i assume this is based in america
And i really wanna play it but ill be in australia high ping :frowning:

It will be based in West-Europe, so it’s a little closer to you :slight_smile:

Also:
[release]Updates
5/1 - We now have a playable version, I’m not saying it’s fully functional but it’s playable :slight_smile:
[/release]

bug fixing!

Just did some of the voice overs for both teams. (Round start, Round end and level up)

I might make a trailer for each faction and i will make one for the gamemode.

Sounds rather interesting, if this pulls through, it may become a very popular gamemode.

Wasn’t there a gamemode like this before?

It never got released to my knowledge.

do you mean this? http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1084670-GWC-Garry-Warfare-Community if you do he just basicly copied this gamemode

If werewolf is the coder for this gamemode then it will fail since he can’t code

HAHAHAHA You are so funny. No. You can’t even code, he can

I find it funny that you can’t even install a admin mod yet you think you can judge if someone can code or not lets look here

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1084484-Fading-Text

He has been learning lua for more than 5 months and yet he cant code something that decreases the value of a variable am I the only one who sees a problem with this?

So after flaming the, “Garry’s Warfare community” thread and Robbery one you now decide to go rant here?

I’ve seen nothing great from you so far except some ranting.