Hacker took over my server?

Hi, I recently started a server hosted on my own PC, because I’m not going to pay for something I can do myself. However, two days ago, a guy came on, at first it was normal. But all of a sudden he says “That’s it, I’m shutting down the server for the night.” Then my server console crashed and the server did as well. He also said “Thanks for the RCon password.” I changed my rcon password and banned his id, but the server continues to crash on a regular basis, and when I start the server, the server console says " Assigned anonymous gameserver Steam ID [A-1:3236939780(4318)]". I could be wrong, but I do not remember this being here prior to when he joined. If someone could help me that would be great. Thanks.

" Assigned anonymous gameserver Steam ID [A-1:3236939780(4318)]" is normal. Remove rcon password altogether if you don’t use it. He doesn’t need rcon access to crash a server, spy on him when he’s online and tell us what exactly he does to crash the server. Also, make sure none of your addons have backdoors of any kind.

How do I check for “backdoors” in addons. What do they look like?

What addons do you have?

Because in all likelihood one of them will look very shady.

Disable sv_allowupload if you have it set to 1

It’s quite possible that he used something like LOIC to send out a DDOS request on your machines IP address. I’ve seen a lot of that lately.

Please, enlighten me how a misconfigured network package can provide RCON access.

These days people think ddos is hack and ddosing is hacking.And they think it can cause everything. lol