Half-Life 2 Beta Map Pack

Half-Life 2 Beta Map Pack
Workshop Link
These maps aren’t very well known in the WC Mappack, but I thought they looked interesting, none the less.
Yes, I know that some of these maps are very similar, but I don’t really care.

Some of the maps included

wasteland3

jeep_jump

proto_wasteland

Imgur album showing all the maps.

Maps
proto_bridge
jeep_jump
jeep_test01
wasteland2
wasteland3
wasteland_bridge05
antlion_cliff
antlion_cliff1
cavetest01
cavetest02
ravine04
proto_chruch02
proto_riverbed
proto_wasteland

I think I’m going to run out of allocated space to keep updating this addon with… (porting textures takes up a lot of space)

No it doesn’t? I have thousands of custom textures and they only take up like 4-6 GB of space.

Are you saving the textures uncompressed? because you’re supposed to be using DXT1/DXT5 compression. Normal maps obviously can’t be compressed, but standard textures can be and almost always used less than 1 MB a piece unless the texture is ridiculously large.

This makes me want to go get the WC mappack again. I’ve kind of wanted to take a map from it and refurbish it with hl2 models and materials, maybe adding to it slightly.

[editline].[/editline]

Ah lovely, it’s all still here.

Sounds cool, which map are you going to do?
Personally, I think the quarrytown maps are pretty cool.

I had kind of a thing for the city outskirts, but I’m pretty sure that’s already been done. I might do something with the ocean floor one, or one of the eli-lab revisions, though I’m fairly certain I recall somebody mentioning they’d done work on that as well. So, I can’t say for sure right now.

I was working on converting one of the Quarry Town maps to a map for RP and TTT. I never got around to finishing it though.

Maybe I could try and re-organize the WC Mappack based on map type, not creator and such. TBH I think that would be a lot better.

ex:

e3
proto maps
storyline
wasteland
other

or something like that.

I absolutely loved the e3_industrial pistons and machinery and I’ve been fooling around with the mappack recently. I’ll post some screenshots or videos in when I can.