Halo: Garrysmod Edition

Hello! Welcome to my first ever facepunch post and my second gamemode! Created by Me and Vader!
Check out our steamgroup for constant updates, report bugs and upcoming news for new gamemodes we are going to make: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/superdevs

** THIS GAME MODE IS NOW AVAILABLE HERE:** http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796282402

CHECKOUT THE OFFICIAL SERVER TO HELP US TEST: 185.44.76.33:27095

So,what is Halo: Garrysmod Edition?

Well, Halo Garrysmod Edition is what it says in the name, a halo rendition built into garrysmod. With also adding a few of our own features on top.

As we aren’t super experienced we have worked rather hard on most features of this gamemode and tried to keep it made by us not taken from others.

But more on that later.

So What can you expect from this gamemode and why should you be excited for it or even care about it?

Great question, the gamemode will be publicly available for all server hosters to host as most of our gamemodes are, however to be able to keep our official servers online we will be selling extra features for the gamemode its self, E.G Levelling Systems, Achievements and so on (These will be super cheap we don’t wanna overprice!). As well with this gamemode you can expect other small little gamemodes built inside, just like the real halo multiplayer.

here is a list of ones that are currently finished:
Big Team Slayer
Slayer
Team Slayer
Infection
Big Team Rockets
Rocket Slayer
SWAT
MLG Slayer
360 No Scopes
Team Snipers
CTF

Here is another list of what is coming soon and needs finishing!:

Bomb
Grifball
King Of The Hill

Got any more suggestion for gamemodes we should add? Leave them in the comments!

We love to release our work publicly but we do work hard so please be sure to leave some positive comments and let us know what you do and don’t like. Below I will post some screenshots for you to checkout, we plan on working on all of the systems and intend on working on a rather large menu system giving players the time during map intermissions to view stats,achievements and so on. Sorry I can’t stop typing! I go on for way too long.

I would like to quickly mention before we get onto the screenshots, at the bottom of this page we will have a donation button to help us support this project and keep all our official servers up, anyone who donated £10 or above will receive all DLC for free just make sure to add me on steam to inform you have donated and once DLC is released we will send them over for you!

Me and Vader started this group, not to make money. And not too make us popular in the garrysmod community but more to give more liveliness to garrysmod… We have seen a shortage in gamemode creation and ideas a lately, and most gamemodes we have seen released are closed source which is just taking the fun out of garrysmod as a whole. We as a group will be coming out with tons of new gamemodes and ideas to make sure you guys have enough to host and play and keep Garrysmod an actively played game!

ONTO THE IMAGES!:

infected:

Map Voting Screen:

Random images to keep the menu looking fresh and nice:

SWAT:

THE THINGS YOU HAVE SEEN HERE ARE MOST LIKELY GOING TO CHANGE IN THE FUTURE AS WE WORK MORE ON THE GAMEMODE, WE HAVE ONLY WORKED ON THIS PROJECT FOR 3-4 DAYS WE HAVE A LOT TO WORK ON MORE SCREENSHOTS WHEN AVAILABLE!

Please be kind in the comments, we worked hard on this and all of our projects. Suggest some things for us to do and change, don’t be mean :smiley:

Please consider donating it helps us out a lot!

http://alittlebirdie.org/media/1/donate%20button.gif

Changelogs:

Version: 1.20

New video of new voting menu updates!

Version:1.21

Sounds Updated example: Timer bleeping, respawn bleeping, gamemode announcer!
**CTF Completed **

Version:1.22

King Of The Hill (KOTH) Implemented into the gamemode.

Added Medals And some new sounds!

CHECKOUT THE OFFICIAL SERVER TO HELP US TEST: 185.38.148.13:27045

Welcome on Facepunch and thank you for making Garry’s Mod great again by sharing very good stuff to the community!

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

OP was looking great till I scrolled down to the massive PayPal donation image. :frowning:
Use the smaller icon for Christ’s sake.

EDIT: He has changed it now.

This is pretty cool, people - it’s definitely worth a look.

Looking at the HUD, the gameplay, sounds, models and one of the maps - looks and feels just like Halo - they did a great job on it. Halo was my favourite game to play on lan in school and this could easily become popular (if it doesn’t get drowned out by all the damn RP servers).

I did get 2 errors while joining though that didn’t seem to affect anything:

Suggestion: for advertisement, make and show some videos of the popular Halo maps like Blood Gulch.

Holy shit this looks amazing!

It’s not the golden years of Halo 3 on xbox live but it’s still beautiful!

Thank you very much :3!

I’d ask people to post suggestions and feedback for sure.

New update for the voting menu, check the changelogs for more info!

Update 1.21 released check changelogs for more info :3

This looks extremely nice! I personally would have preferred a Halo Combat Evolve styled hud, as that’s where my best memories of Halo come from. However to each their own, some say Halo 4 was the best because “muh sprint button, more like cod now, game of the year” but anyway…

Sadly with so many rendition of Halo we just decided to wing it and go with what ever the code did Lmao thanks though :3

Eyyy, That’s preety good.

Really amazing contrubution to the community. Keep up the good work.

I actually had a chance to play on it this morning. I felt the scoreboard needed much work, and whatever means of adjusting the player’s jump height you used doesn’t translate well over high pings (I felt myself rubberbanding whenever i jumped).

Furthermore, there appeared to be no option to change my preferred color (it appeared to be in Slayer mode).

A few kinks to iron out, but I’m looking forward to an oceanic server for this.

Soon. We can only dream.

Question is, what will we get oceanic servers for first? This, or Fall of Cybertron on Xbone?

Thank you for your suggestions, as soon as the gamemode is finished as we said this can be hosted by anyone meaning you will most likely see an oceanic server if not we will 100% open one up, ping is a huge issue especially on an fps game so we want to try make your experiences as smooth as possible, most of the colouring of spartans and customisation will be added in with new menu features, this means they may be added to the voting menu so you may edit while you wait for a map vote. Or we may add a secondary menu. I would also love to introduce a new update in the works (This wont be out on initial release) but it will be a forge mode where you have the ability to upload maps and other players can download and play them on their servers. This will be worked on a lot but in no way will the be released right away with the gamemode its self. Thank you all for your feedback and kind words. Expect more updates in the coming days!

Version 1.21 is now released check changelogs!

That’s a big donate button.

Dude, nice.
We need things like this in Garry’s Mod