Hamer model files

Hi, I created some of my map for CSS. Now I bothered to create my mod folder. I used some moders and they are shown as an error. This leads me to having switch back to the 2009 SDK. I decided to go for 2006 HL2:TDM. I am not quite sure where all the model files are stored.

Now my question is, if I would find where the models, all of them 3500. Would I be able to transfer them to C/MyMod/Materials or something like that. And would it display on the hammer?

Maybe you could clean up that question, it’s kinda hard to follow?

but from what I read out of it, you want to make a CS:S mod and include all the CS:S content inside of it?

Well, it’s technically illegal to pack an entire game into a mod and distribute it. The way Valve suggests you include content from another game in a mod is to mount the GCF file located in your steamapps folder.

The bigger question, however, is why are you making a mod when you could just release the .bsp file as a CS:S map? Or are you actually making a counter-strike-based mod?

The default directory for mods (C:/) is for your uncomp[iled code, maps, models and textures.

I am not making CSS mod. But it has those models which you browse in prop_detail.

And the one I created atm hasnt got it some prop mdls. I also noticed that different games have different stuff. I came up that it would be good to have alot of models from all source games. Like alien swarm, portal and TF2. DODS. and so on.

If you want to have other models from Source in your CS:S map (generally not a good idea in the first place because of differing styles - TF2 is cartoony, Portal is well, Portal, etc. DoD:S seams feasible, alien swarm is futuristic, etc.

The only other one which works is Half-Life 2, but that content is already included with the standard CS:S config.

However, if you absolutely want some cartoony models mixed in with the hl2-styled CS:S map, be my guest.

Google GCFScape and download it, navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps, and open up any one of the gcf files with GCFScape. Drop whatever model files you want in your CS:S folder (default C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps*steam username here*\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike)

NOTE: Folder structures must remain intact. You can’t have a model file in a different folder than the original - eg. /models/random/somemodelname.mdl can’t be in /models/dods_models/random/somemodelname.mdl

SECOND NOTE: When you copy a model, you need to copy the textures over as well, those are also folder-sensitive.

And why did you create a CS:S mod if you aren’t making a mod?

Just one thing crossed my mind when I read the OP: What the actual fuck are you talking about?

You mean me? Dont worry, I have a different plan now. I created a map for CSS but 2009 SDK bugs when I create a mod for it. So I think it would be good to make the mod for CSS itself. Better than 2006 HL2:DM

So how do I do that? How do I make that? ID? 220?

“GameInfo”
{
game “My Modie”
type multiplayer_only
nomodels 0
nohimodel 1
nocrosshair 1
hidden_maps
{
“test_speakers” 1
“test_hardware” 1
}

FileSystem
{
	SteamAppId				240		// GCF for Source SDK Base
	ToolsAppId				211		// Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.
	athings here:
	//
	// 1. For each "Game" search path, it adds a "GameBin" path, in <dir>\bin
	// 2. For each "Game" search path, it adds another "Game" path in front of it with _<langage> at the end.
	//    For example: c:\hl2\cstrike on a french machine would get a c:\hl2\cstrike_french path added to it.
	// 3. For the first "Game" search path, it adds a search path called "MOD".
	// 4. For the first "Game" search path, it adds a search path called "DEFAULT_WRITE_PATH".
	//

//
	// Search paths are relative to the base directory, which is where hl2.exe is found.
	//
	// |gameinfo_path| points at the directory where gameinfo.txt is.
	// We always want to mount that directory relative to gameinfo.txt, so
	// people can mount stuff in c:\mymod, and the main game resources are in
	// someplace like c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\half-life 2.
	//
	SearchPaths
	{
		Game				|gameinfo_path|.
		Game				sourcetest
		Game				css
		Game				hl2
	}
}

[editline]11:49AM[/editline]

And it doesnt work now. The mod.

What shitty translator are you using?