Hammer Compiling Error

I am currently trying to make an edit of a downtown map and I was doing pretty well fixing issues as they came along, I was using a website to explain the errors to me and I learnt a lot and made life easier. But now I am having an issue out of the blue where it just tells me “Windows cannot find the file specified” when trying to copy the bsp across to my game map files, I was initially having the issue of the map after compiling didn’t update the .bsp and was just an old version but then I moved that file to make a new bsp in an attempt to fix it and then I started getting this issue. I have tried multiple fixes but nothing fixes it I have looked through my compile log and theres nothing there I’ve not already dealt with and am certain aren’t issues as I have these issues across multiple map edits.

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" "d:\users\harry\desktop\hammer\maps\rp_downtown_danktown\sgn\rp_downtown_sgn"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jun 14 2017)
8 threads
materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\materials
Loading d:\users\harry\desktop\hammer\maps\rp_downtown_danktown\sgn\rp_downtown_sgn.vmf
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Can't find surfaceprop marble for material AGENCY/FLOOR/TILE01, using default
Can't find surfaceprop stone for material DE_TIDES/TIDES_BRICK_WALL_G, using default
Can't find surfaceprop stone for material STONE/INFWLLF, using default
Could not locate 'GameData' key in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike\gameinfo.txt
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_downtown_sgn/nature/blendmilground008_2_plants_wvt_patch
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
Material glass/glasswindowbreak070b is depending on itself through materialvar $crackmaterial! Ignoring...
Material glass/glasswindowbreak070b is depending on itself through materialvar $crackmaterial! Ignoring...
Generated env_cubemap patch name : maps/rp_downtown_sgn/MAPS/GC_DOWNTOWN_V4C_V13/REALWORLDTEXTURES/REALWORLDTEXTURES/FLOOR/FLOOR_2_09_-1048_-3296_1807_-935_-1456_124 too long! (max = 128)

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" "d:\users\harry\desktop\hammer\maps\rp_downtown_danktown\sgn\rp_downtown_sgn"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Jun 14 2017)
8 threads
reading d:\users\harry\desktop\hammer\maps\rp_downtown_danktown\sgn\rp_downtown_sgn.bsp
Error opening d:\users\harry\desktop\hammer\maps\rp_downtown_danktown\sgn\rp_downtown_sgn.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "d:\users\harry\desktop\hammer\maps\rp_downtown_danktown\sgn\rp_downtown_sgn.bsp" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\maps\rp_downtown_sgn.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\hl2.exe"
** Parameters: -dev -console -allowdebug -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" +map "rp_downtown_sgn"

The glass texture issue I was told it is just a bug and isn’t actually affecting anything so I just ignore it. Any help is appreciated as this issue just arose out of no where just randomly stopped updating the bsp and then after removing the old bsp started giving me this issue.

I’m not an expert on map errors, but just looking at file locations, almost everything is pulling from C:\ until you get to vvis, which is looking in D:\ for your map in C:\

I see it specifies D:\ at the top of the log, so perhaps that isn’t it.

edit: Looking closer, it seems vbsp isn’t .bsp-ing your map, it’s just skipping that part and going right to vvis, which wants the .bsp

Generated env_cubemap patch name : maps/rp_downtown_sgn/MAPS/GC_DOWNTOWN_V4C_V13/REALWORLDTEXTURES/REALWORLDTEXTURES/FLOOR/FLOOR_2_09_-1048_-3296_1807_-935_-1456_124 too long! (max = 128)

is whats stopping VBSP.exe from finishing the texture name is to long, find

FLOOR_2_09_-1048_-3296_1807_-935_-1456_124

and rename it FLOOR_2 or what ever the texture is named in the texture editor

-snip- too late

Is there an easy way to find this texture as I only know to use the face texture editor

you could open the .vmf in notepad ++ and use the find and replace tool or in hammer use the replace option in the texture edit tool, and type in the name

EDIT Also the long texture names are cubemap texture names and you might find after fixing one vbsp might stop again with another long name error which will require replacing again

Thanks dude, that fixed it never known a texture name to stop vbsp.

I think the lenght of the texture name is hard coded into the vbsp.exe