Hammer created chairs

I’m trying to learn how to create chairs in hammer that act like the ones you would spawn in Garry’s Mod. With what I’ve been able to find, I believe it has to do with some variation of prop_vehicle.

I’m just not sure how to fully step the entity up to behave exactly like the seats in the Garry’s Mod though. Meaning animation, positioning, and everything else. I have tried finding information and some trial and error experimenting, but I kept running into dead ends.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial or share some helpful advice, please. Thank you for your time.

Try this:

Thank you. I have seats working in the game from hammer. The problem is, I’m not sure how to stop the physics motion of the prop_vehicle_prisoner_pod. Since I need to have the pod frozen so I can make my static chairs usable. Does anyone know how to do this?

I suppose it is possible if I parented the pod to another entity, but I was wondering if there is a better way.

Thanks again.

Isn’t there a flag to disable motion?

That’s the thing, I thought it would have a flag like that. When I went to look, I found that it actually doesn’t have any flags, let alone a single disable motion flag.

You will just have to parent it to something unmoving then.

Parent it to the worldspawn.