Hammer editor-compile problem

I’m trying to use Hammer editor to mod a map but when i’ve to try it ( compile in .bsp ) i have an error

** Executing…
** Command: “c:\programmi\steam\steamapps*\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\programmi\steam\steamapps*
\garrysmod\garrysmod” “C:\Programmi\Steam\steamapps**********\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\rp_cscdesert_v2-1_e”

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (May 19 2009)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\programmi\steam\steamapps*\garrysmod\garrysmod\materials
Loading C:\Programmi\Steam\steamapps*
\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\rp_cscdesert_v2-1_e.vmf
***need to set $abovewater for material dev/dev_water2_cheap
***need to set $abovewater for material dev/dev_water2_cheap
Brush 11803: MAX_MAP_BRUSHSIDES
Side 0
Texture: TOOLS/TOOLSNODRAW

** Executing…
** Command: “c:\programmi\steam\steamapps*\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
\garrysmod\garrysmod” “C:\Programmi\Steam\steamapps**********\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\rp_cscdesert_v2-1_e”

Valve Software - vvis.exe (May 19 2009)
2 threads
reading c:\programmi\steam\steamapps*\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\rp_cscdesert_v2-1_e.bsp
Error opening c:\programmi\steam\steamapps*
\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\rp_cscdesert_v2-1_e.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: “c:\programmi\steam\steamapps*\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (May 19 2009)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     

2 threads
Could not find lights.rad in lights.rad.
Trying VRAD BIN directory instead…
Warning: Couldn’t open texlight file c:\programmi\steam\steamapps*\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\lights.rad.
Loading c:\programmi\steam\steamapps*
\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\rp_cscdesert_v2-1_e.bsp
Error opening c:\programmi\steam\steamapps**********\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\rp_cscdesert_v2-1_e.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: “C:\Programmi\Steam\steamapps*\sourcesdk_content\garrysmod\mapsrc\rp_cscdesert_v2-1_e.bsp" "c:\programmi\steam\steamapps*\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rp_cscdesert_v2-1_e.bsp”

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
“Impossibile trovare il file specificato.”

what can i do? i have the vmf file but without the bsp file i cant use the map

thanks in advance for the help

I see your are de-compiling CSC desert. Or so it seems. De-compiling, for the most part, fucks up brushwork. Usually.

Have you tried restarting hammer, steam or your pc?
Have you tried changing the name of the map?
Or maybe its because its decompiled. (look at the name “rp_cscdesert_v2-1_e.bsp”)

Protip: Dont decompile, its like the plague for maps. Also, dont ever use carve if you do.

edit: hell, ninja’d

i decompile csc desert map bsp to vmf only to try hammer editor, i don
t want to copy the map.
so i have to make a map from the start? i cant modify an existing map without stumbling into error?

sorry for my english

ps. i tryied to restart steam,pc, hammer editor and change the map yet

ok i try and i know now that the decompiled map made this error. but all the decompiled maps or is a case?

All maps.

Though it depends, if the map has a lot of brushes, it will probably give you this error.

Make the map from scratch, and your error will fix. Never Decompile a map, unless you are going to see how somebody did something.

I only wish to decompile this map to edit it to work with the space build addon, me and a friend host private servers and have fun in them, i would take no credit for the map nor re upload it in any shape or form, all I request is the vmf that works. :frowning:

Not going to happen, even if the original creator gave you it (and I haven’t seen him around in a long time) the map was nudging an awful lot of engine limit, adding anything would push the map over the side.