Hammer Editor displays textures stretched.

I had noticed this bug for some time now, I tried looking all over and I haven’t seen anything about it recently. It’s basically where my textures IN the editor will show over stretched on a particular axis, in a particular screen angle. I will show you with this video.

This hasn’t really effected my maps, the textures show up fine in game and the compiler isn’t effected either. It’s just a hammer bug in the 3D view I have always kind of wondered about, but it never really caught my attention till this map, where its happening all the time.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it common? Does it have something to do with my screen resolution? Or is the face bugged and I probably should fix it?

Whats going on here?

OFF TOPIC: I plan on releasing video demo showing you this map and what I have planned, to see what kind of feed back I get :slight_smile:

try tidying up the side object boxes

Thanks for the response! Could you clarify what exactly you mean by “side object boxes?” Are you talking about the box surrounding on entity’s area? Or giving the the brushes different dimensions?

the boxes on the right of the 4 main views, drag them into line :slight_smile:

I had the exact same issue on a test map I was working on. Turns out it happened because of a model I had put in (the water shader model which is used in the CSS benchmark map). I still don’t know how to fix it.

Changing the 3D viewport from ‘3D Shaded Textured Polygons’ to ‘3D Textured Polygons’ (or vice versa) fixes this glitch in some cases.

Ah ha! That does the trick, something about those views doesn’t work right. I am not sure why it does this, but I switched my 3D view to just 3D Textured mode and my textures behaved appropriately, but only in the 1 view mode, switching back doesn’t fix it for both modes. I tired re-sizing the view boxes to fit and using auto size, but my results didn’t seem to change. I did notice that some times a prop will trigger the bug temporarily, I had a dynamic entity that when placed, it caused my 3D skybox texture to super down scale, then when I erased it, the skybox was back to normal. Anyways, thanks guys for all the help!

If there is anything else anyone would like to add about this, I would like to hear it!