Hammer Editor Selections

Sorry I couldent think of a more descriptive title.

Anyway, ive mapped some maps and ive gotton some new games and i want to know if i can map on them.

The game is HL2 DM

Ive refreshed content and Reset game configs. and messed around with it as other tutorials have said, but it’s not showing up? But does the HL2 Engine thing also go for HL2 DM?

Move this thread if its in the wrong place. Im not reall sure where else to post this : /

Sometimes you need to start the game first then refresh content or whatever.

This is what i have done multiple times and it still doesent work

Select HL2 : Episode 1 from the first drop down, then HL2: Deathmatch from the second.

THis is all i have and read what i said again, im not asking how to get there…

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Steam_thing.png

And you have installed the game?

Yeah, dude look at the picture. its right nexrt to the X to close Hammer

Add this into GameConfig thats in your C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin

"SDKVersion"		"2"
		"Half-Life 2: Deathmatch"
		{
			"GameDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp"
			"hammer"
			{
				"GameData0"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\base.fgd"
				"GameData1"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\halflife2.fgd"
				"GameData2"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\hl2mp.fgd"
				"TextureFormat"		"5"
				"MapFormat"		"4"
				"DefaultTextureScale"		"0.250000"
				"DefaultLightmapScale"		"16"
				"GameExe"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2.exe"
				"DefaultSolidEntity"		"func_detail"
				"DefaultPointEntity"		"info_player_deathmatch"
				"BSP"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vbsp.exe"
				"Vis"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vvis.exe"
				"Light"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vrad.exe"
				"GameExeDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2 deathmatch"
				"MapDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc"
				"BSPDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\maps"
				"CordonTexture"		"tools	oolsskybox"
				"MaterialExcludeCount"		"0"
			}
		}
	}
}

So it should look like:

"Configs"
{
	"Games"
	{
		"Half-Life 2"
		{
			"GameDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2\hl2"
			"hammer"
			{
				"GameData0"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\halflife2.fgd"
				"TextureFormat"		"5"
				"MapFormat"		"4"
				"GameExe"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2\hl2.exe"
				"DefaultPointEntity"		"info_player_start"
				"BSP"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vbsp.exe"
				"Vis"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vvis.exe"
				"Light"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vrad.exe"
				"GameExeDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2"
				"MapDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc"
				"BSPDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2\hl2\maps"
			}
		}
		"Counter-Strike: Source"
		{
			"GameDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\counter-strike source\cstrike"
			"hammer"
			{
				"GameData0"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\cstrike.fgd"
				"TextureFormat"		"5"
				"MapFormat"		"4"
				"GameExe"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\counter-strike source\hl2.exe"
				"DefaultPointEntity"		"info_player_terrorist"
				"GameExeDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\counter-strike source"
				"MapDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc"
				"BSPDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps"
			}
		}
		"SDKVersion"		"2"
		"Half-Life 2: Deathmatch"
		{
			"GameDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp"
			"hammer"
			{
				"GameData0"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\base.fgd"
				"GameData1"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\halflife2.fgd"
				"GameData2"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\hl2mp.fgd"
				"TextureFormat"		"5"
				"MapFormat"		"4"
				"GameExe"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2.exe"
				"DefaultPointEntity"		"info_player_deathmatch"
				"GameExeDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2 deathmatch"
				"MapDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc"
				"BSPDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\maps"
			}
		}
	}
}

Just with USERNAME replaced with your steam username.

Alright? Do i copy the first code? or what?

[editline]02:49AM[/editline]

and replace USERNAME with mine?

You can copy the second one if you only have hl2, cs:s and hl2:dm on the ep1 engine

and yes replace “Username” with your steam username.

Ok, just did that, (considering the fact i only have those games for that certain engine?)

Gonna see if it works now

[editline]09:58PM[/editline]

Thanks Man :slight_smile:

It works now.

Thanks again

[editline]11:10PM[/editline]

Nevermind : / It says this now?

I try to start up the hammer for HL2 DM

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Why.png

Remove the space in the path. so instead of

program files\steam\steamapps\acupxofxnoddles \half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp

It should be

program files\steam\steamapps\acupxofxnoddles\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp

Still dont work man. Fixed path though. Sorry for being a bother man. Dunno if theres anything else i can do?

looks like this btw

"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\acupxofxnoddles\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp"

Thats just part of the beginning of the HL2 DM code : /

Accept my friend invite on steam, I’ll help you from there.