Hammer Error: File Cannot Be Found / Node With Unbounded Volume

Hello, I’m trying to make a map for myself called Dev Grass, basically it’s just a giant block with Dev Textures, like a twist on Flatgrass for Gmod and I get this error that says the file cannot be found, here’s the compile log…

** Executing…
** Command: “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vbsp.exe”
** Parameters: -game “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp” “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\Dev Grass”

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Dec 11 2006)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\Dev Grass.vmf
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides…
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0…1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9…10 (0)
WARNING: node with unbounded volume
(Cut out due to that it repeats itself a thousand more times)
Processing areas…done (0)
Building Faces…done (0)
FixTjuncs…
PruneNodes…
WriteBSP…
HashVec: point outside valid range

** Executing…
** Command: “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vvis.exe”
** Parameters: -game “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp” “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\Dev Grass”

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov 8 2007)
2 threads
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\Dev Grass.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\Dev Grass.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vrad.exe”

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Nov 8 2007)
----- Radiosity Simulator ----
2 threads
[Reading texlights from ‘lights.rad’]
[45 texlights parsed from ‘lights.rad’]

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\Dev Grass.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\Dev Grass.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\Dev Grass.bsp” “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\superhumangambit\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\maps\Dev Grass.bsp”

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
“The system cannot find the file specified.”

I don’t know if I screwed up the Hammer configuration when setting up or whatever but I’m pretty new to this, so if anyone could help, I’d appreciate it.

[editline]04:16PM[/editline]

Also, I just found out that Dev Grass is already a map, so I’m not trying to steal anyone’s ideas, it was still in the works

“HashVec: point outside valid range”

Here is your error, you can’t make a map that extends outside of the grids shown on the 2d views.

Yeah, I must’ve made one slight twitch of the hand because I tried making it the max size it could be on the X and Y dimensions

Hammer doesn’t like maps to even touch the boundaries if you can help it.

512 units in from each edge is a good safety margin.

I just wanna say I do suck at mapping and find it rather frustrating :smiley: