Hammer grind font (numbers) dont show up correctly

Hello, I have a problem with hammer, the numbers that says how big the brushes are don’t show up correctly.

What screen resolution are you on?

1680x1050 Main screen and an 1280x1024.

Hmmm…

Maybe try changing it, then changing it back.

That’s worked for me before.

No didn’t work. :frowning:

Wasn’t this some ATI graphics card bug?

I have this at 1680 x 1050 on my Radeon 4850

Yes, it is a bug in hammer with ATI cards. If memory serves, you can fix it by downloading and installing the ATI Tray Tools (I don’t have a link, do some googling). Then, once it is running, right click on it’s icon in tray, go to 3D then Additional Options (Be careful there are two sets called Additional Options) and enable Alternate Pixel Centres.

That should fix it.

It’s an ATI gfx issue. It’s known about, but one of those nigglers that valve don’t want to fix.

Ok that makes sence I have an HD4830.

Thanks that worked. :smiley:

I don’t like the ATI Tray Tools, they mess up in-game but fix Hammer. I just got used to Hammer in a day.

Likewise, I only ever start up the the tray tools when I can’t tell the different between a 3 and an 8 on large brushes/selections. They’re not really an ideal solution but hopefully Valve will fix it eventually.

Turn your grid up. :v:

I don’t really fancy counting whether the brush is 16347 or 16847 units wide to be honest.

Yea I figured, so no fix that doesn’t screw in-game ?

Somewhat related, I’m on my netbook with a screen res of 1024x600 and an Intel GMA945 and I have the same issue… I don’t do much mapping on this thing, but it gets annoying. Any fixes?

Seems, readable. Is it worth messing up your game for this?

Its a pain to decide between some numbers, especially when there’s a lot of clutter all over the screen.

You have a point, I guess.