Hammer Help

I have finished my very first map in Hammer, but when I press F9 to compile it, Hammer stops responding, and then it crashes.
I’m using the Garrysmod configuration in Hammer, because when I use the TF2 configuration, I lose almost every thing, prop, and texture wise.
Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

-snip-

thought the map crashed. Not hammer

At what point in does it crash? Immediately or where?

There must be some serious issues if hammer actually crashes(Though by serious issues I mean it could just be that you either have too little ram or not enough space on your hardrive for temporary folders, but blehg), since if one of the processes during the compile crashes (vvis.exe, vbsp.exe, vrad.exe) then it just continues with the next one, the not responding part is tricky too since hammer usually does this either way, so it’s hard to say if it’s part of the problem or not, don’t listen to me though I don’t know that much about hammer crashing

http://www.bkvisenten.se/gb/templates/default/images/smilies/smiley_smug.gif

Also, there’s a Garrysmod configuration?

The Garrysmod Config is manually made.
It crashes when I press F9 , The screen will open up, run a few processes, the tells me Hammer stops responding, and then it crashes.

Which part does it crash at, what’s the last thing that the compiler writes?

It says:
** Executing…
** Command: “”
** Parameters: -game “c:\program files\steam\steamapps*\garrysmod\garrysmod" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps*\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\house”

• Could not execute the command:
    “” -game “c:\program files\steam\steamapps*\garrysmod\garrysmod" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps*\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\house”
  • Windows gave the error message:
    “Access is denied.”

** Executing…
** Parameters: -game “c:\program files\steam\steamapps*\garrysmod\garrysmod" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps*\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\house”

“” -game “c:\program files\steam\steamapps*\garrysmod\garrysmod" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps*\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\house”
    “Access is denied.”

** Executing…

“Access is denied.”

** Executing…
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: “c:\program files\steam\steamapps***\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\house.bsp” “\house.bsp”

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
“The system cannot find the file specified.”
Then a window comes up and says:
The command failed. Windows reported the error: “the system cannot find the file specified.” Do you still wish to continue?
Then I can choose Yes or No

-snippety, snip-

Edit: Actually the part where it says

it should say something like

Are you sure you configurated the configuration correctly?

99.9% sure

This part too?

Yes.

I’m out of ideas, sorry I couldn’t be of more assistance.

You don’t have access to run the tools. select them and press run as admin, then compile. Or get on an admin account.

Ok I’ll try that, thank you, over all of my questions, you have been very helpful.

How do I select them?