Hammer not compiling

I have made several maps in the past with no difficulty. This time I repeatedly get this error:
(The command failed. Windows reported the error: “the system cannot find the file specified.”)

Using the check for problems function it told me there was no player start, but there is.

Here’s the compile:

** Executing...
** Command: "g:\steam\steamapps\******\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "g:\steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\counter-strike source\cstrike" "G:\Steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_mazeofbreak"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Dec 11 2006)
1 threads
materialPath: g:\steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading G:\Steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_mazeofbreak.vmf
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
writing G:\Steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_mazeofbreak.prt...done (0)
MAX_MAP_MODELS

** Executing...
** Command: "g:\steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "g:\steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\counter-strike source\cstrike" "G:\Steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_mazeofbreak"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov  8 2007)
1 threads
reading g:\steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_mazeofbreak.bsp
Error opening g:\steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_mazeofbreak.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "g:\steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "g:\steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\counter-strike source\cstrike" "G:\Steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_mazeofbreak"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Nov  8 2007)
----- Radiosity Simulator ----
1 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[1 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading g:\steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_mazeofbreak.bsp
Error opening g:\steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_mazeofbreak.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "G:\Steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_mazeofbreak.bsp" "g:\steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\mg_mazeofbreak.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

writing G:\Steam\steamapps\a_random_newt\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_mazeofbreak.prt…done (0)
MAX_MAP_MODELS

Can’t say i’ve seen that before. You have too many of one prop type. (static, physics, dynamic, etc)

I dont have any props at all. All I have is breakable glass and a skybox. I was remaking a map I found in cs 1.6 into css at the request of my brother

how much breakable glass are we talking about?

and is it a bunch of brushes as func_breakable or a single surface as func_breakable_surf?

a bunch of brushes forming a floor and walls. The purpose was to break the floor under the other player with smoke grenades. I found this map made for cs.1.6 and it was a blast so i tried to recreate it, or at least its functionallity.

MAX_MAP_MODELS

Basically, you hit the limit for brush based models. This is because every func_breakable is classed as unique, even if a whole bunch are identical. You could probably try making them as some sort of elements that are spawned with a point_template. This would mean that every part of the map that is identical to another would only need to be “modelled” once by VBSP, but spawned multiple times around the map.

Might there be a way around this? If there isnt please elaborate

He means make a point_template with all those glass things put as it’s templates. Then on a logic_auto, make the outputs: OnMapLoad (Or something like that) > point_template’s name > ForceSpawn. Something like that. Then you might have to set it so it does that every round.

will they still break properly? And how should I go about linking them, can I just select them all?

Um, open Point_template, there should be a bunch of template things. Put the names of the func_breakables in there.

[editline]12:40AM[/editline]

Well, it’s like 12:40 here. I’m going to bed, I’ll help you later.

thanks