Hello Facepunch. This is my first time posting, so I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I really need help.
The problem: Hammer is giving me a horribly annoying visual error, and I have done literally all I can think of (or google) to fix it.
You can find a video HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkQHg3gfR6Y which shows some of the errors.
At 0:05-0:30 you see the first problem: In 2d view, when I click, the view zooms in, and to get it back to normal, I have to click outside the box, then put the cursor back inside the view
At 0:32-1:20 you see the second problem: In 3d view, I can’t see textures. No matter where I looked, I could only (rarely) see the outlines of the boxes. You can see the outlines at 1:25-1:31
At 2:25-2:33 you see the third problem: In 3d view on an existing map, it is in a very skewed and zoomed in view. Also, objects exit the view before they should.
At 2:34-2:2:43 you see the fourth problem: When you move the mouse between views, it flickers between skewed and normal.
Things I have tried:
- Uninstalling all source games I have (CS:S, Both L4Ds, Portal 2, and TF2)
- Uninstalling all Source content (Source SDK, L4D (and Beta) authoring tools, Source (2007) Dedicated Server, Source SDK Base (2006 & 2007), Source SDK 2013 Multiplayer and Singleplayer, Source Film Maker)
- Reinstalling in the orders: Game first, Source second, and then other way around
- Changing all SDK settings to work with Valve’s new file locations
- Did all the stuff with gameinfo.txts
- Tried launching hammer from VBCT
- Used hammer.exe separate from the SDK launcher
- Opened as administrator
- Name a solution on the internet, I’ve tried it
If anyone here has had this problem, or knows how to solve it, please help me! I’ve been Hammer free since 2013. (Oh God…)
Another problem just found: When using any tool, whatever it’s supposed to do is offset. Let’s say, using the entity tool, I click at (0,0). The tool places an entity at (5,-2) Any fix for THIS?
If you think this belongs in the Mapping Question Megathread, you are wrong! “If you have any mapping-related problems” This is a problem with Hammer, not a problem with map making.