Having trouble with my Base Alyx NPC and Ragdoll skin

Hello

here is my problem, I am having an issue with my base Alyx ragdoll model(pics below). I have a number of mods, and it seems that the files for one of the models materials, seems to be overriding the core alyx skin. I have tracked down to about 10 files in Garrysmod/materials/models/Alyx folder

Alyx_faceandhair.vmt
Alyx_faceandhair.vtf
Alyx_head_exponent.vtf
Alyx_head_height.vtf
Alyx_head_normal.vtf
Alyx_occlusion.vtf
Alyx_sheet.vmt
Alyx_sheet.vtf
Alyx_sheet_exponent.vtf
Alyx_teeth_normal.vtf

now if I delete these files they affect some of the other alyx ragdolls I have. So I’m wondering if from the pictures someone could tell me how to fix it, or if there is a way to set a file some where, that keeps the base alyx ragdoll from being overridden.

I actually remember bumping into that glitch a long time ago. Try to get rid of any Alyx replacement models/textures, and think back to what you downloaded just before you ran into this. I don’t know the specific source of the problem but clean out recent additions and you’ll fix it.

OK I managed to figure it out on my own, i am so proud of myself. a bit brute force method of trying every file one at a time.

the offending files in question are

Alyx_sheet.vmt
Alyx_sheet.vtf
Alyx_sheet_exponent.vtf

by erasing those, they revert the original Alyx ragdoll and NPC back to normal while not affecting, at least percieably, the other alyx models I have.

Hazzah!

i have the same skin but well it does the same thing and i want the skin and when i get diff they still mess up like this WTF and you said delete those i dont relly get tat wil the skin still work or no