Hayate the Combat Butler is kicking my ass

Ok, not sure if you’re going to believe me when I say this, but it just started happening today. I join a server, and everything seems normal for 6 or so seconds, then BAM out of fucking nowhere, the entire screen is taken over by a pretty high quality video of the intro to some obscure Japanese anime with the typical annoying anime girl voice singing and moonspeak covering the screen. It shows the title of the show in English as “Hayate the Combat Butler.” Then I return to the GMod menu screen, totally disconnected from the server. This happens in every server. Normally, I would be like “oh damn I’ve got an error” but this is the most fucked up shit I’ve seen in my entire life of playing Half-Life games (been playing for at least 7 years). Never before have I seen the entire screen be taken over by a high quality FMV with no relation to the game… It really sounds unbelievable. I wouldn’t believe it if I read someone else posting this problem. Does anyone know how to fight back against this butler of combat? I wanna play GMod. Not watch the intro to a weeaboo anime over and over…

All else fails, I can clean my gmod, but hell, I don’t wanna do that ;_;

I Found the anime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4HQJHqEptU

Ill watch it, thanks for share =D

Ok, here’s a video of the problem in case you guys don’t believe me:

The same shit keeps on happening to me.

Wow. What the hell?

I think this is a new Class of Rick Roll, without a Rick or a Roll, But still annoying.

Try reinstalling everything, save your favorite Addons and make a Backup of your Materials and Models, so GMod will install a bit more faster.

See you

Clean your lua folder

You might of joined a server with a lua virus.

same shit happened to me. still looking for a fix, do not want to reinstall shit.