(HCC) HAVOK's Custom Map Compilers

Brush limits are the same, I cant remember but I think when I compiled a map that’s past the brush limit, GMod crashes on load. I do know if we pass the TJunc limit it fucks over all the geometry but it does load.

Well at least there’s more faces to work with

Is increasing the brush limit not feasible without actual engine changes?

Exact same thing happening for me. Also using Half Life 2: Episode 2.

are you guys compiling without default cubemaps?
I am also having a weird problem where some maps dos not load without cubemaps being built.

I should probably know this by now, but how do you enable the default cubemaps? (If it’s even something that can be enabled/disabled). Not sure if it’s compiling with or without them, no idea how to check. The map doesn’t have any env_cubemap entities yet, if that makes a difference.

Nice

Would it be possible to increase the t-junction limit?

If I’m not mistaken, the engine (for garrysmod) already is at it’s limit; same with brushes.

I did test this one and if we pass the T-Junc limit the game does not like it and renders really weirdly, you would need to use notjunc

Alas, I found out the bypassed overlay limit doesn’t work. Beyond 512 overlays, it refuses to compile further than VVIS :frowning:

Yes, there are several limits there are and are not raised in Garrysmod.

However, these compilers are not restricted to Garrysmod. Go into your own Source SDK 2013 project, and if you want to raise the limits (and have these fixes), there you go!

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you mean by that.

[editline]29th May 2017[/editline]

Actually I tried using these compilers with Source SDK 2013, it doesn’t work either.

To clarify;

There are several engine-based limits defined IN code when creating a project based on Source SDK.

Garry has raised SOME of those, but not all of them.

If you would like to go into your OWN Source SDK project, and change the code YOURSELF in the engine, these compilers would be useful to use in conjunction with that.

Is their a way you could implement parallax corrected cubemaps? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH6s1hbwoQQ) This is something I really need but I can’t compromise your vbsp because of it’s amazing perks.

Pretty sure that requires it’s own shader. Which is an engine feature, not solely VBSP.

Is this compiler broken? It compiles fine but when the game starts up the game crashes, only seems to happen with this compiler.

What are your compile settings?

Just the default normal settings with compile pal

Happened to me as well in 2013 and 2009 SDKs. Didn’t see any compile errors so I assumed it was a different problem and restored my game backup.

I’d like to request a feature:

These compilers don’t take into account content mounted using garrysmods mount.cfg while garrysmods default compilers do.
Could you add this functionality so they can be normally used with garrysmods version of the SDK and its file structure?