headache/motion sickness

I have been playing this game for about a week now and i am having a lot of fun. However after an hour or so i get a headache/motion sickness. I have never had this issues with any other games. Not sure if its the movement or what. Is there optimal settings to reduce the blurriness/motion i can try? or am i the only one noticing this?

Happens to me once in a while. Step back, take a break for an hour, try it again. I’ve found that this only ever seems to happen in games without HUDs (like Kairo), but lately it’s been flaring up with Rust. No other FPS, just Rust.

I have no idea why but I’m guessing a recent graphics tweak / color change / rendering distance change / etc. I haven’t found any settings to mitigate this but I’m all ears if someone else does.

Enable Vsync
Raise/lower your FOV (probably raise)
Disable DOF
reduce mouse sensitivity

These are my go - to settings when a game makes me nauseous. Happened in Skyrim and Fallout because of low FOV’s, and in CoD because the sensitivity was too high.

The biggest problem is the framerate. The Occulus Rift have min 75hz and need min 75fps to improve the motion sickness. Rust have much fps drops and when the framerate go down the motion sickness start very fast. When i play Battlefield 4 after Rust with 144fps @ 144hz it feels like another world.