Healthy wood!

Hey! A friend and myself are creating a ‘ship’ for a lan party. We want it to be destructible. However, to make it out of wood, a single shot will just simply take it down. I want to know if there is a way to ‘change’ the health of the wood to make it take more hits from a rocket. Or is this just the wrong way about it?

(We can use wiremod fairly well, so if that’s an option, that’d be cool too)

I know E2 has an E:setHealth(N) function.

Uhh, wut’s E2? And will it change the health of a destructible object?

E2 is included in Wiremod, I would not bother with it yet as you seem to be new. I would search www.garrysmod.org for a relevant addon.

I couldn’t find ‘setHealth()’

Use the breakable prop stool.

He said he wants to INCREASE the health not make it destructible when it already is…

Erm, I think there was a tool that made things destroyable but it was glitchty and many of the other stools are broke but,
http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=19261

You could set the health in this one as well.

If you magnetise a prop (with strength set to 0) it will make it indestructable

CONTRADICTION! You cannot be able to use wiremod AND have no idea what Expression 2 is.

Just make it magnetic with low value.

Or when aiming at it, “ent_fire !picker sethealth 999” or something. Nearly indestructible.

Hammer editor + VMF loader

I think it’s ent_fire.

Did anyone else read this as I did you know kinda dirty :smiley:

grow up

I know I know it’s a way of life but enough of off topic

I had been avoiding this thread because of that.

There was a health STool around wasn’t there? Try looking for it @ garrysmod.org

Suggestion: Download GCombat; that way, you can use the props you want to make your ship and still have it destructable.

Not everyone is completely up to date with gmod addons.