Hello Garrys mod!

Hi im grunt, (not grunt as in like a girl, i get that a lot) I have the orange box and heard of this game and am planning on getting it ASAP. SO knowning this and after watching 12 dozen tutorials on youtube would like to hear you, the pros of dis beastly game to tell me what tools that i should get and general stuff i should know, and yes I have ALOT of questions. :smiley:

1. After you build a vehicle, building plane whatever; are you able to save it and load it when u join a different server?

2. After or while building something in a multiplayer match, will other people be able to mess with my stuff(cause thats REALLY annoying), and if so; What tools should i download to protect my stuff.

3. Can you host your own game, for others to join? (Dedicated server, i think) Do you have to pay for it?

4. How much Gigabites does this take out of your computers guys? i thinking like…10 lol

5. How is the Lagg? Tolerable? or sometimes awful?

6. What is the funnest game Multiplayer and singleplayer that you have downloaded or played?

7. Are there lots of little kids screaming into their mikes? and trying to Delete your stuff? Cause it’s annoying as hell.

8. What are the msot valuble tools, other than Smart weld and Smart constrants, that you use on a regular basis?

9. AND last but not least, What is the general population; will you find lots of people playing alot? or will you find lots of the same game…Dust…lol

I REALLY hope some of you can answer some or all of my questions, i would be very gratefull, hope i see you guys on the servers!

Thanks!

1. yes but u need a addon Stool called adv duplicator heres the link to it:http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=80775

how to install: go to computer, click on os, then search garry and click on the folder, then click on addons and drag adv dupe into it then open the thing u just dropped into addons and drag the file into addons…let me take a breath…ok and thats it…then open gmod and it should work :slight_smile:

[editline]11:46PM[/editline]

1. yeah same as number 1 use adv duplicator and no…nobody can mess with ur stuff cuz yeah its annoying

what makes the adv. duplicator better than the normal duplicator?

It can save your contraptions between maps and allows you to upload them to a server.

my answers:

1. yes

2. yes (if you have prop protection on)

3. you have to pay

4. the gcf takes up about 200MB

5. i made a post on lowering your ping. http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=858486

6. “gm_bigcity” is pretty good. if you want to rp then do “rp_downtown”

7. the voice system is similar to halo matchmaking, and they can’t delete your items if you have prop protection on, but they can change the material and color.

8. the advance wire tool, included with wiremod

9. yes, yes, and yes. plenty of games

[editline]07:02PM[/editline]

just get wiremod. it comes with it and other amazing features

Link for prop protection please? sounds sweet man.

do you have to pay monthly for your server?

[editline]06:31PM[/editline]

DOUBLE POST WOOT!!!

what is the name (and link) of the invisability tool? like u select an object with it and turn it invisable.

Yes, Or you could simply open the ports and use “Create a Server” option.

What is this youtube thing u can make on gmod?
and if it is there…link? i wana play music on my games!!!yay!

[editline]07:03PM[/editline]

thx dude

Link to Phx? it is needed for alot of downloads link please.

https://phoenix-storms.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/phoenix-storms/ Here, use Tortoise SVN to download it. :slight_smile:

To make things invisable, just use the colour tools that comes with the game and select the “fade fast” option and use it on a prop.

Or set Alpha to 0.

Hosting a server is entirely free, but you can hire a server if you have crappy connection speed.

Prop Protection is a Server thing, you don’t have to download it.

Also, the Garrysmod.org section is not really the place to ask about these kinds of things, get out of here and use the actual forum.

Adv duplicator tool. Download with wiremod svn at www.wiremod.com.

The server would need prop protection. Luckily, all good servers have this.

Yes you can. Look in the hosting part of Garry’s Mod discussion.

Ram, maybe 1/2GB. Hard drive, ~1.5GB. Depending on files.

Its alright most of the time. Sometimes it can be unbearable.

I don’t get what your saying here.

There is player mute built in, so you don’t have to listen to them.
As I said before, most servers have prop protection of some kind.

I personally use the wire addon. I suggest Wire, Stacker, Adv duplicator (Comes with wire).

You will find a mixture or races, ages and maturity.

Your welcome. If you have anything else to ask, please add me to steam.

Edit: You added me, but you appear to be offline. Could you sort that out?

the man above me is useful

Thanks. It seems I’ve reached 700 posts.

1. After you build a vehicle, building plane whatever; are you able to save it and load it when u join a different server?

Yes, to save it onto your hardrive you will need advanced duplicator. Then you upload it to the server badabing badaboom your done. Adv Dupe comes with most wiremod packages.

1. After or while building something in a multiplayer match, will other people be able to mess with my stuff(cause thats REALLY annoying), and if so; What tools should i download to protect my stuff.

Nothing, most if not all of the protection tools are serverside, that means if its on the server you get it no matter what. But people always find ways around :frowning: I suggest save regulalry.

1. Can you host your own game, for others to join? (Dedicated server, i think) Do you have to pay for it?

Yes and no. You can host one by forwarding ports. Dunno how to do that or you can use Hamachi.

1. How much Gigabites does this take out of your computers guys? i thinking like…10 lol

Its roughly for gmod with all the best mods like 15gb, that being said my steam folder is 200gb :S But I got lots of games xD

1. How is the Lagg? Tolerable? or sometimes awful?

Lagg depends on your Pc Specs and if your playing online internet connection.

1. What is the funnest game Multiplayer and singleplayer that you have downloaded or played?

Im guessing you mean gamemode? I only play sandbox sorry

1. Are there lots of little kids screaming into their mikes? and trying to Delete your stuff? Cause it’s annoying as hell.

Ive only ever met 2, but I stay on one server where im superadmin so its okay. Now delteing stuff a lot of players do that… I dont and like 60% dont but some idiots are out there. Best bet for online is to find a nice server that you can settle into.

1. What are the msot valuble tools, other than Smart weld and Smart constrants, that you use on a regular basis?

Easy precision, Adv Dupe… loads more as you play you will find out :smiley:

1. AND last but not least, What is the general population; will you find lots of people playing alot? or will you find lots of the same game…Dust…lol

Depends on the server, some places max out with 60 players others get 30 and some like like 5. Like you say some are realy quiet.

Need anything else add me on steam (Rombishead) no brackets

or you could like just make your own server to host dedicated own.

Thanks guys, sorry for useing the wrong forum?? i thought i could ask anywhere i didnt know there was another forum fora the same thing… what ever; thanks!! my questions have bin answer now to wait till i can find $10 to buy this awsome game. Thanks again!

P.S. im guna add some of u guys, k? i wasusing a diffrent computer when i was posting, like now im at school talk 2 u guys. my steam account is on my big computer,it’s a gaming computer so im not worried that it cant handle gmod.

Whoa, this is one of not so many useful threads for newbies.

hey it’s usefull to me, cause it answered the questions i had that i did not have answered from my tutorials. GO NOOBS YAY!!!

[editline]03:36PM[/editline]

it wont work for some reason it’s just text for me :confused: