Help, a few problems

Hi I got a few problems…

1. In garry’s mod and half-life 2 holding a key and moving mouse causes mouse to move choppy or completely stop, this have even more and worse effect online…
    I didn’t have this problem before Christmas when I had recently formated my computer, but I don’t know when the problem appeared.

I do have a solution though, setting hl2.exe to low priority… but I would like some other permanent fix :stuck_out_tongue:

1. In garry’s mod whenever I right click to make a menu pop up, it stays there until I disconnect. Mostly this wont let me aim or change weapon… These menus and the number thing that lets you choose a number for things in q menu are only selectable and usable when q menu is down…

2. In garry’s mod in a wire expression 2 chip the all the above buttons except the arrow, the close button and the minimize button are grey (the e2helper button, save button, close and upload button).

I think my problems lay in windows or something because I’ve tried, deleting garry’s mod folder, re-installing garry’s mod, re-installing steam, updating drivers, updating microsoft something c++, updating direct x and I have tried changing resolution and similar stuff.

Please help!

1. Post your graphics card and specs.

As I don’t really know what or where to check for it… I’m posting what I find by selecting properties on “my computer”

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:
AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor
2800+
1.80GHz 1,00 GB of Ram

In display properties it says Display: SyncMaster p2250/p2250G,SyncMaster Magic P2250G(Digital) on ATI

Graphics card: ATI Radeon 9600/9550/X1050 Series

Im sry to bring this up but I want help O_o

Simple. You have windows.

Try getting windows 7.

A friend told me to try windows 7 but I dont know if I can use it good xD you think my computer will work fine with it?

Ok I tried windows 7, didn’t change any of those problems :frowning: and game got a little more lag :frowning:

EDIT: mouse problem seems to have been fixed, the first one, when you move mouse around while holding key :stuck_out_tongue:

yay I got rid of these problems I believe :stuck_out_tongue: it was one of my addons which I foolishly copied when I reinstalled garrys mod that caused the rigth click problems, it was either a derma skin addon or zeno_clash, but I removed them both after testing me down to which of all addons…

though I got another problem now… I can’t launch garrys mod directly via steam, it gives me “this game is currently unavaiable” error, but I searched and got a temporary fix which is creating a bat file with “D:\Program\Steam\steamapps\username\garrysmod\hl2.exe -game garrysmod -console” in it