Help converting file to anything Garry's Mod can read

So I just edited a gma file addon that I had and I want it to be converted back to something that Garry’s Mod can read. I think I would need to convert it to legacy but I have no idea how to do that. Any idea how? This is probably the simplest solution sorry if I’m being derpy.

I have no clue how to use that :confused: . Any help?

Here’s a version with a nice GUI.

How could I use that one to convert a file to gma?

You have to use GMPublish.

I’m not getting anywhere… Can I just send you the file and can you give it to me as a gma?

What do you mean “not getting anywhere?” Just tell me the issue and I’ll help you solve it; I’m not going to spoonfeed you.

Lol ok, like using GMPublish you need to have it in gma format already is what I thought. And the one you sent before it is a gma to folder converter. I have a folder and I want it to be converted into gma format for me to have on my computer and not on the workshop. I’m guessing that I need to use the first link in this thread but I’ve tried and it doesn’t make much sense to me. For the first one would I need get the bootil part of it? I have no idea how to run either of them. I don’t know if what I’m trying to get at is for you to spoon feed me (sounds weird lol) and sorry if it is.

[editline]24th December 2013[/editline]

When I try running the first program sent in this thread I get this error, ‘gmad.exe’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file thats what’s giving me most of my troubles

GMPublish is in steamapps/common/garrysmod/bin. Create a .bat file in that folder (it’s gmpublish.exe, not gmad.exe).

Thanks got it converted sorry for the troubles!