Help creating my own server please

I followed this entire tutorial: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/669841

I encountered a couple of problems while trying to follow it, one being on step 6 was: Open “autoexec.cfg” with notepad. <----- I didn’t have this file.
Next on step six was this problem: Now open your “server.cfg” file with notepad. <----- Didn’t have that file either.

What I did (because the comments told me to :confused: ) was I created a text document and named it “autoexec.cfg” then I right clicked and went to “Open with: Notepad”. Then I entered all the information he had posted. I did the same with “server.cfg”.

Someone please help me, I have no idea what I’m doing and I’m quite technology deficient!!

[editline]11th December 2011[/editline]

Also, the server is running. Its running LAN only for some reason, and although the map is RP_Downtown_v2 like its supposed to be, the gametype for DarkRP isn’t loading up.

This wiki page might help you more than the other tutorial.

Portforward and you have to put:

sv_defaultgamemode DarkRP
sv_gamemode DarkRP

In your server.cfg

Okay I need some more help, I got my server public now. I needed to click the “Enable” box on my port forwarding page LOL.

However when I start up my server file, inside the CMD it says ‘server.cfg’ not present; not executing.

Also higher up it says Registering gamemode ‘sandbox’ derived from ‘base’

How can I make DarkRP the gamemode?

Thanks for your answers!

Look up Chessnut told you.

I did what he said, but I’m not sure where they should be in my server.cfg file.
I don’t think that will fix it anyway because when I start my dedicated server it says “‘server.cfg’ not present; not executing”

If this helps, here is what the inside of my server.cfg text document looks like:
hostname “Squishy”
sv_defaultgamemode “DarkRP”
sv_gamemode DarkRP “DarkRP”
rcon_password “XXXXXXXXXX”
sbox_noclip “0”
sbox_godmode “0”
sbox_plpldamage “0”
rp_toolgun “1”
sbox_maxprops “1000”
sbox_maxragdolls “0”
sbox_maxeffects “0”
sbox_maxdynamite “0”
sbox_maxlamps “0”
sbox_maxthrusters “0”
sbox_maxwheels “4”
sbox_maxhoverballs “0”
sbox_maxvehicles “0”
sbox_maxbuttons “20”
sbox_maxemitters “0”
sbox_maxspawners “0”
sbox_maxturrets “0”

I really appreciate the help you guys have already tried giving me… Don’t leave me hangin’ I’m almost there -_-!!

Thanks again

Chances are that the DarkRp uses some technical name.
Also, remove the X’s on your rcon pass, as this just sets the pass to X’s, unless you did that just to hide it.

Okay thanks I will take the X’s out. Still wondering how to fix this though… Help?