[HELP] Dumping/pulling textures from .OBJ model.

SOLVED

ehh… usually you should have a texture for it. first of all the model’s scale is pretty huge looking at that blender default stuff in there. you may need to scale it. now… for textures. does it have a uvmap? if not you should unwrap it. then add a texture. you could paint it manually ofc. or… since the model seems too have vertex colors you could try to maybe smooth it and bake a generic diffuse texture from that vertex colors and maybe ambient occlusion added. that should work sort of and look rather okayish as generic as it is.

SOLVED

well… i dunno why you convert to bsp format. what format does the cache extractor i googled deliver? and models usually don’t contain any texture data just meshes uv data and bones. i guess you gotta have to look where the textures are stored in those cached game files and you have to find out what they are and ‘extract’ them seperately. and i guess javaGL can’t be ripped with ninja ripper even if it’s in the browser. that’s bad for you. so anyway… if the models (seriously 48000 ? or are those just files for everything) don’t have any uvmap you should consider another ripping or conversion tool or method to get this done anyway.

SOLVED