Help! Garry's Mod for Mac not working

I bought Garry’s Mod and Half Life from Steam, and can’t get it to work. I have a 2007 macbook. I’ve seen other people online using Garry’s Mod with the same computer. Is there an additional graphics card I need to buy or something?

Thanks!

We need more information, as I’m not sure whether a graphics upgrade was an option for the 2007 macbook. Launch system profiler and go to Graphics/Displays. Tells us your chipset model (your graphics card). Oh, and also the amount of RAM you have installed, although I don’t think it could be less than a gigabyte (not recommended, but mostly feasible).

okay thanks, here’s my info:

Memory:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB

Graphics:

Chipset Model: GMA 950
Type: Display
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

I’ve got a intel GMA 950 in my mac. all you can do is upgrade your graphics card. this one doesn’t work.

Thanks for the reply. Pardon my ignorance, but to clarify, you’re saying I can upgrade my graphics card but it still won’t work with Garry’s Mod? Or are you saying I can upgrade this particular Mac so it will work. In which case, what graphics card would I want to put in?

thanks a lot!

If you’d upgrade your graphics card this would be an ati or nvidia. I myself run gmod flawlessly on an ati hd5770(pc) and I don’t know of any possibility to put that one in your mac. but anything that can handle dx9 and has dedicated vram and a dedicated GPU should do!

best available is probably this: http://www.macupgrades.co.uk/store/product_info.php?products_id=542

but any graphics card on that website should do. I’ll just help you hope there’s some free PCIe spot in your macbook

Great, thanks much!

Really?? You have NO idea what your talking about. Sorry for sounding harsh, but that actually made my cry. :v:

Macbooks are not upgradeable or modifiable, with the exception of ram or airport (Back in iBook era) Your best bet is to forget about it.

Don’t listen to that -dxlevel stuff, thats for DirectX. DirectX is proprietary to windows…

This picture SHOULD tell you what that guy is telling you to do, which is wrong.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9841/sany0033e.jpg

Sorry for the large image, but this picture I took shows me forcefully putting a hard drive for a desktop into a battery slot for the iBook G4. I would HATE to see you try that.

well. that’s why I said I hope there’s some PCIe slot in your macbook. Mine doesn’t have one and I wasn’t aware that none had one nowadays. I’m sorry

It’s a laptop man

I knew that, but some laptops have support of replacing the graphics card.