HELP HELP SHINY TEXTURES ARE F*CKED UP!!!!!!11

HELP PLEASE I AM USING CAPS TO GET YOUR ATTENTION!!! When I go into a map in gmod, the shiny textures sometimes get weird. From what i can tell, it can render the texture, but since it is shiny it is supposed to reflec the world, but instead, it is reflecting the missing texture texture(IE pink and black checkers).I don’t know how to post screenies since this is my first post, If you want them please message me.

Sounds like you need to rebuild the cubemaps. Type buildcubemaps into the console

its not working, do i have to reload the map or something??

Possibly, does it say it’s rebuilding the cubemaps after you use the command? You need to be on the map that’s having the problem as well

I’m on the map, but iot says nothing afterwards when i use the command. I did it twice to make sure i spelled it coprrectly

[editline]1st June 2014[/editline]

WAIT it ways its not writable

oh o ki found the solutio non another forum, but i havent tried it yet so dont go!!

ok well heres the deal the solution to why building cubemaps wont work is because it was in a .gma file and it needs to be extracted. Only problem is, I dont get most of my addons off steam because i f**ing hate that peice of sh*t, so the only label they have is like this (an example): download(32)~.gma. I extracted them all so i could target it, but now it has too many folders so it crashes the game. So I;m kind of stuck.

WAIT WAIT ITS WORKING

so is this permanent for this map now??