Help loading STools while in-game.

Hello, I need help loading STools from say, an extracted .gma file or legacy addon in game using some sort of lua editor like gcompute. I can already add weapons/entities pretty well with easylua, but have no idea how to add STools. I know it’s possible some way or another, I just don’t know how, and was wondering if any of you smart people may be able to help me. I’m also not too great at lua so bear with me.

:snip:

Not what he was asking for

You misunderstand, I want to load them from in-game, I know it’s possible since I can already load entities and weapons ingame using a lua editor such as gcompute, but now I want to load STools as well.

i made a really hacky set of functions that did what you want, but it’s on my old pc’s hdd so i can’t get it right now, pray to god that either i find it on the hdd or that someone else gives you something similar

I really hope you find it too, that would be a godsend for me, because I can already load entities and weapons while in game, the last thing I need are sweps and that’s it. Do keep an eye out for it if you will, I’d be very greatful!
EDIT: I’m also looking into the base stool.lua to see what I can learn from it.

no luck, it must’ve been on the ssd which i had to reformat for various reasons
i might remake them when i get the time and motivation to do so

I hope you do, I would be ecstatic and love you forever.

If anyone else can help me I’d be very greatful. :happy:

try lua_reloadents and spawnmenu_reload

the problem is, that’s how you do it serverside; he wants to load it remotely through client using something like luadev+easylua

The spawnmenu_reload is required to add the new tool to the spawnmenu, not sure if you can RunConsoleCommand it or something.

you misunderstand, i meant lua_reloadents is something you run serverside and that he doesn’t want to do it serverside; spawnmenu_reload is to add the entry to the spawnmenu once you’ve ran that or added it by other means