Help me server installation on Linux

Hello!
Please write instructions
Rust Experimental server installation on Linux
I use VDS / VPS server ubuntu 14
help me please

Last I heard you can’t run a rust server on Linux.

With wine does not run?

Heh?

garry says he builds a Linux version of the dedicated server and uploads it, so… however, it is presented a bit in a “you’re a Linux guy, you figure it out” format for the time being as of the last I heard. There are no official, comprehensive, updated instructions on running the server on Linux right now as far as I know.

The main problem is that the rust linux server require the presence of the graphic card that the linux servers do not have…

It shouldn’t require a graphics card

Yes you can install Rust Server in linux
Theres a guide here for Linux but in Centos6 plus wine
dont know of any installs with ubuntu yet which is actually my prefernce,

The listed procedure using SteamCMD works as far as the installation is concerned but actually running the executable gives me a core dump almost immediately.

Determining what the actual prerequisites are is the next job, as I suspect it’s statically linked libmono.so doesn’t play nice with modern distros. Maybe a few hints from above, or at least confirmation that it does indeed run on a Linux distro from the last year would be nice. It’s good that it builds, but has it received any testing at all? And if so under what conditions? Not actually expecting answers just vocalizing my thoughts.

It’d be helpful if it dumped an error message of some kind. ‘Aborted’ tells us nothing, and there’s no logfile as far as I can tell

Oh it logs.

./RustDedicated -batchmode -nographics -logfile log.txt

But the output is less than useful.

err:menubuilder:convert_to_native_icon error 0x80004005 creating bitmap encoder
err:wincodecs:PngEncoder_CreateInstance Trying to save PNG picture, but PNG support is not compiled in.
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstanceEx no instance created for interface {00000103-a8f2-4877-ba0a-fd2b6645fb94} of class {27949969-876a-41d7-9447-568f6a35a4dc}, hres is 0x80004005
err:menubuilder:convert_to_native_icon error 0x80004005 creating bitmap encoder
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
Could not load wine-gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/root/.wine' has been updated.

What’s the problem?
Sorry I don’t speak English.
All write through the translator

[editline]28th January 2016[/editline]

You Quote “Not actually expecting answers and just vocalizing your thoughts”…

Forums are place people go to help each other and share knowledge, theres really no need for rudeness like that, i appear to be the only person that offered Bludnik some actuall help.

[editline]28th January 2016[/editline]

Hi Bludnik the link i posted is a quick solution if your familiar with Centos6 (which is not my Strong point)
I am however currently working with ubuntu 14 in a VM and working with bash scripts that others have made and succesfully intalled rust server/wine in ubuntu 14, if i get it working i will post the details here

Clear.
Thank you very much for your feedback and sorry for the trouble.

Bludnik i got it sussed check this thread for ubuntu installation thats working
http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1503920