Help me with FPS?

I am only getting roughly 20-25 fps on average with the render distance on low as well as the grass turned off.
My specs are:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
8 GB DDR3 L Memory
Inter Core i5-4200M 2.5GHZ
750 GB HDD

I realize it’s still in alpha and there making changes but any little tips would be just dandy!=D

Don’t mean to treat you like youre dumb, but do you have anti aliasing down? It’s a killer :slight_smile:

Start by overclocking your CPU.

I have I5-3570K at 4.4GHZ.

There is a good thread about fps issues, use the search function so I dont have to :).

gfx.ssaa false is one command. Search for that. There are heaps more.

Dont overclock your MOBILE cpu to gain fps in rust.

I’ve made a few suggestions for framerate improvements on my Survival Guide to the game Rust. Here they are and they can also be found on my website at this location if you want to see it there…
http://grinningstudio.blogspot.jp/2014/01/playrust-rust-extreme-basics-key.html#framerate

Frame Rate Tips: To improve framerate, here are a few things you can try.

1. press F1 to open your console when connected to a server. Type “grass.on false” without the quotation marks.

2. Change the video quality settings. This must be done before you connect to a server. Start the game, click Options, change the Graphics “Render Quality” to something lower, then click apply changes. Then log into your favorite server.

3. Lower your Startup Resolution: If the first two options don’t make the game playable, you probably need to play the game at a lower resolution. Do this when you first start the game from steam, by changing the resolution in the resolution drop down menu before you press play.

4. Lower Anti-Aliasing: Turn down the Anti-Aliasing of your video card in the video card settings or game profile in your video card software to 2x.

He has a laptop not a desktop.

Tis in fact a laptop

grass.on false
Lower your render quality

Those are the most popular ways of lowering your fps and making the game run more smoothly. I have a high graphics card and I still need to lower my render quality, and it helps a lot. Give it a try.

This is correct.

Then problem solved. Buy a desktop.

Follow this guide, it helped me.