Help me

Hello friends!
I’m a big fan of RDR2 and CYBERPUNK 2077.
I have a question for you.
Will S&BOX be able to produce the same beautiful graphics as in such games?
I wonder if we can make the same beautiful worlds only in S&BOX?
Models, textures, that’s half the deal, you can use free assets or quixel for them.
But what to do with lighting and shaders? Can we do something similar in S&BOX?
I know that we can make our own shaders whatever we want.
But will the lighting still be updated? Will the lighting with shadows be improved? (A limit of 15 sources of lighting with shadows, will they be improved and more than 15?)
I hope it will be a long time before the release of the game, and SAM will work a lot on lighting so that we can make truly beautiful graphics in our games

( Will they give us the tools and the Source 2 engine (s&box) Truly creating realistic games and modes like for example in CK2077 and rdr2)…

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

We have shaders so it’s entirely doable. Main issue is creating models and assets that high enough quality, those games took years to make even by entire game studios.

3 Likes

:grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

I think with the help of tools we will be able to make really beautiful and elaborated worlds

2 Likes

You would be able to come very close to those looks since In S&box we have:

• PBR Texturing ( atleast 5 layers of detail )
  • 4-8k Texture support
  • Source 2 Engine lighting which can be seen demonstrated in the game Half Life: Alyx

ez :sparkles:

3 Likes

Your question is too superficial, I don’t know what you expecting, the average visual similarity or the technology stack behind? Cyberpunk has hardware raytracing, for example, the only API supporting it is DirectX 12 and Vulkan. The S&box supports DirectX 11 only and most likely won’t be supporting any others.

4 Likes

The visual similarity, I mean, whether we can replicate the level of graphics, detail and other aspects of cyberpunk/rdr is only in sbox.

2 Likes