[HELP] Mysteriously broken Metal Gear Solid 1 models

Howdy, I’ve got some MGS1 character models, which should work, but mysteriously does not and am attempting to use them in SFM, but no matter what I do, the textures fail to render. I’ve checked through the materials to try and fix them, but everything seems correct, so I’m at a loss. hoping someone can point me in the right direction. to make things slightly easier,I’ve downloaded and rehosted the models to spare you the trouble of ripping them from the workshop.

Their modelpath is incorrect. Path to the model files is all directly in the /model/ folder rather than any subcategories.
Futhermore a few materials have improper paths set such as acabell.vmt, which requires $basetexture be changed to:

"$basetexture" "models/mgs/acabell "

What you have there is more or less a mess. Not sure you even want to bother working with them.

is it POSSIBLE to get them working? I just gotta move the files around? (and fix the bad paths in the vmts. I saw those too yeah)

Pretty much yeah. Might as well make a new mod folder to toss them in so they’re relatively isolated.

yeah I’ve already isolated the hell out of these creepy haunted pieces of crap. thanks for spotting the issue BFT!

[editline]23rd October 2016[/editline]

sorry for a quick bump, but could you give me an example of where I need to move the materials to? or is it the models I need to move. just show me where I’d put it for campbell and I’ll figure the rest

Materials stay. The mdl just go in models and no further. I.E:
F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game*mod folder*\Models

thanks, sorry im being dense here. lots of stuff on the mind but this helps alot. even for such crappy models.