Help on adding sourcemods to source sdk?

I tried adding a mod to source sdk called Dreamball. I added it cause I wanna make custom maps for it but when I start a new map there’s no grid just black and I cant create anything. I’m pretty confused on what I did so can anyone help me?

Here’s the mod.

Which engine branch were you trying to use? It looks like they were using 2007 so you need to make sure you set yours up with 2007.

how can i add it cause when i go to 2007 it cant find any games and when i press edit game configurations it says “no game configurations to run with”

It sounds like you are still trying to run Source SDK, which doesn’t work anymore.

To get hammer running, go to “Steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\Bin” and run hammer.exe

To add custom stuff you need to find “Steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\custom” and place your custom stuff in there. (There should be a readme.txt in the custom folder to tell you how to add stuff)

2007 branch still works(since none of valves games were on it at the time of steampipe), you just have to manually create the GameConfig.txt in Steam\steamapps\username\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin if you are presented with no choices when you change to it in the sdk launcher. SDK launcher is dead for Valve games, mods should be unaffected.

I dont see a custom folder in hl2

Navigate to steam/steamapps/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/sourcesdk/bin/source2007/bin

Look for a file called GameConfig.txt and open it up. Select everything inside of it and press delete.

Copy paste this into it

"Configs"
{
	"Games"
	{
		"Dreamball"
		{
			"GameDir"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Dreamball"
			"hammer"
			{

"GameData2"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\INSERTUSERNAMEHERE\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\base.fgd"
				"GameData3"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\INSERTUSERNAMEHERE\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\hl2mp.fgd"
				"TextureFormat"		"5"
				"MapFormat"		"4"
				"DefaultTextureScale"		"0.250000"
				"DefaultLightmapScale"		"16"
				"GameExe"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\INSERTUSERNAMEHERE\half-life 2\hl2.exe"
				"DefaultSolidEntity"		"func_detail"
				"DefaultPointEntity"		"info_player_start"
				"BSP"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\INSERTUSERNAMEHERE\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vbsp.exe"
				"Vis"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\INSERTUSERNAMEHERE\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vvis.exe"
				"Light"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\INSERTUSERNAMEHERE\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vrad.exe"
				"GameExeDir"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\INSERTUSERNAMEHERE\garrysmod"
				"MapDir"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Dreamball\maps"
				"BSPDir"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Dreamball\maps"
				"CordonTexture"		"tools	oolsskybox"
				"MaterialExcludeCount"		"0"
			}
		}
	}
	"SDKVersion"		"3"
}

Be sure to replace INSERTUSERNAMEHERE with your username. Now you should be able to select the mod under source 2007.

NOTE: They never released the .fgd or how to map for the mod so I would decompile one of their maps to check.

thanks this worked <3

[editline]17th July 2013[/editline]

also i have the .fgd its in the SDK folder of the mod

[editline]17th July 2013[/editline]

Thanks for all the help i made a test map and it works thanks alot <3 well time to go to work!