Help on how to make something for a game mode

OK, so let me just say this now, I’m not really experienced in making game modes for gmod. But here’s what I need help with. So I’m working on a new game mode I’m currently calling Core Wars, where there are 2 teams, and each team has their own “core”. The core has its own health, and each teams goal is to bring the other team’s core health to 0. But the problem is how I’m going to do that, I need to make sure it doesn’t take up a player spot(like a bot), it cannot be damaged by the team its owned by, and figure own how to place it, and how it will reset in the correct location with full health when a new game starts. So I would appreciate it if you guys help me over come this. Thank you :slight_smile:

Woh woh you’re scared that the core will take up a player slot?

I’m not sure what method you had in mind here, but typically you’d make the core an entity. After that you can control how it gets damaged and set it’s position. You can always manually delete and respawn the entities after each round or just reset their properties through a function

I’m currently working on the entities’ code, so ill tell you guys if it works out for me or not, input is still appreciated :slight_smile:

[editline]9th September 2017[/editline]

I’m confused, I have never made an entity for gmod, If you want to help thats fine