Help please, FastDL doesn't send some maps!

Hi guys,

We installed Spacebuild 3 on our server, there are some maps coming with it. Example of a map’s path: “garrysmod/addons/sb3/maps/sb_binarysystem.bsp”

Then on the FastDL server, that map is bzipped and placed in the maps folder so it looks like “garrysmod/maps/sb_binarysystem.bsp.bz2”, like any other maps.

So it should work, but when joining the server running that map, instead of downloading that map, it say “Missing map sb_binarysystem.bsp, disconnecting.”

This is working for any other maps, as long as they are in the gameserver’s garrysmod/maps folder, we download them when joining.

Is it a bug in garrysmod or did I do something wrong?

Thanks!

Make sure sv_allowupload and sv_allowdownload are set to 0 in your server.cfg

Make sure the file is world accessible on the web server

Make sure you added the trialing / to the end of the sv_downloadurl address (http://yoursite.com/garrysmod**/**)

Give the above a try, if your still having problems maybe I can help you out a bit, feel free to PM me.

Here are some links that may help you out as well.

GMod Wiki page on FastDL

My Tutorial Attempt

I have read both of those already, sv_downloadurl is correct, sv_allowupload and sv_allowdownload are 0.

Everything else is working, only those maps aren’t… I could put them manually in the gameserver’s “garrysmod/maps” folder, but I want to know why it isn’t working as it should.

And, that isn’t a webserver but a FTP server which require password. But since everything else can be downloaded by clients, that’s not the problem.

Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

You cannot have any custom content in your addons directory if you plan to add it to fastDL. You have to move it out of the addons directory into the base directory on the game server. So, regarding your map, it would be:

“garrysmod/addons/sb3/maps/sb_binarysystem.bsp”
to
“garrysmod/maps/sb_binarysystem.bsp”

It’s stupid and annoying, but it’s the only thing you can do.

Silly question, but perhaps the map size is larger than your net_maxfilesize cvar? Try setting that to 64.

Well, it is working for everythig else but maps :confused:

It is set to 64, I will increase it anyway but that map isn’t that big…

Thanks all, I hope someone like Garry will clarify this.