[Help] Running a Rust experimental serer on linux

Hello guys,

i have a question. I’d like to host my own Rust server since i have an unused dedicated server at the moment, the only problem is i have no windows available, the dedicated server is running on Linux. I can’t afford to change my dedicated to windows that would be extra $35 per month.

So is there any way to run the server actually with WINE ?

I’ve tried it also but i can’t start the server, I get the following error message:

Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window

I’ve been searching atleast 3 hours for an fix but I can’t find any useful informations.

Not an expert here, but I think linux servers do not have an X server (graphical interface), and Wine is trying to open a window for the server to use, so unless you can run the server in a terminal you’re screwed

Just a quick answer, please disregard when someone with proper knowledge comes in

People managed to get the Windows server running in WINE on Linux, but it was a hacky mess and I don’t know if it’s still working. Plus the person who was kind of spearheading the effort got frustrated at the lack of Linux support from FP, flipped out, and requested a permaban and then went and talked shit about garry for a while on their personal blog before getting over it and moving on to other things.