Help Using Propper 0.22

I’ve looked everywhere for a good tutorial on this, but everything seems to relate to using the prefabs to compile a model in Propper. In the new update, the prefab system was taken out I guess, and I’m a bit clueless how to turn a brush into a model now. Someone said to use the “info_prop” entity, but I can’t seem to find that either. I’m totally new to Propper, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Personally I don’t really like to use it, but still

Wow. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read through that page, and I never once saw the actual directions for it… lmfao. Now I just have to make sense of it all.

Here’s a post linking to video tutorials

I’ve been over that thread, too. Lol The only problem I’m having with this, is finding the info_prop_options entity. I can’t find it anywhere in hammer.

I have the prefab files if you need them, I’ll upload them in a second.

Download:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/PropperPrefabs.rar

Let me know if it goes well.

Gah. Okay. So, I follow the link, I click on the “propper prefabs.rar” file link, and it just opens up the same page in a new tab. Idk if that’s a problem with the site or my browser, but it’s not working for me. lmao I really appreciate you trying to help though.

I uploaded it two other sites

Download:

Hopefully they work

Thanks. :slight_smile: The download worked. Lol.
Gonna throw it into hammer real quick and see how it goes. :smiley:

EDIT: Just a quick question… When I put up the prefab, there’s a title under it that says “obsolete”, is that normal?
And, does it matter where I put the prefab, as long as its by the brush or something? I wasn’t sure if it had to be IN the brush or not.

This is standard for models that are either not defined in an fgd you have mounted, or alternatively do not have anything specified to appear as in hammer from the fgd.

Stop saying lol!

Do you have a problem with my jolly laughter? :stuck_out_tongue:

When I place them out they look like this:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8756/infopropphysics.png

Oh, I forgot to include the required .fgd file :/, I’ll upload that in just a second

New Download:

I included a tutorial for how to set it up in the readme.txt, so make sure you follow those steps. Let me know if you need any clarification.

So, I finally figured ot what the problem was. Propper.fgd isn’t below tf.fgd in the Game Data Files section. But I’m not too sure what to do. I can’t just click and drag it below tf.fgd. So do I just remove the two, and add them back in, in the right order? I don’t wanna do it myself first and ruin something.

EDIT: I took out propper, added it back in, and it just goes right back above tf.fgd. I’m stumped.

Please give new download link for propper prefabs. plz

Propper doesn’t use prefabs anymore. Read up on the wiki.

The new propper has been changed that instead of placing the entity, you tie the brushes to a propper_model.

The collison mesh is created with clip textures tied to a func_brush.