*Help* Why won't this script work? :o

Hi guys I have a small script, I have a system which allows an image to be displayed on the hud. But I want it to be random with other images which are slightly different. So this is what I am trying to do, but I isn’t working and I am not sure what other methods could be used.

local killer = {"Headshot.png","Headshot1.png"} --Songs for when the player joins and they heir my lovely choice of music.
	local killicon = {
		duration 	= 1; -- Length of time to display image
		color 		= Color( 225, 225, 225, 400 ); -- Color overlay of image; white = original color of image
		--material 	= Material( "Headshot.png" ); -- Material to be used
		material 	= Material( (killer[math.random(2,#killer)]) ); -- Material to be used
		x 			= 1700; -- x coordinate for the material to be rendered ( mat is drawn from top left to bottom right )
		y 			= 350; -- y coordinate for the material to be rendered ( mat is drawn from top left to bottom right )
		w 			= 200; -- width of the material to span
		h 			= 200; -- height of the material to span
	};				

I then obviously set the image via a ‘surface.SetMaterial’ etc…

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Duby

One problem in your code might be this:

material     = Material( (killer[math.random(2,#killer)]) );

As far as I know, those second ()s shouldn’t be there. Unless that’s syntactic sugar, in which case I’m not sure.

**EDIT:
**You also seem to state your math.random minimum value as 2 rather than 1. If you only have two images, you’re guaranteed to get the same number every time.

I solved it now, I needed to move this table within a local function I was using. I also missed out a ‘,’ by the number before the #