Help with Converting CSGO maps to CSS

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam eget ligula eu lectus lobortis condimentum. Aliquam nonummy auctor massa. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Nulla at risus. Quisque purus magna, auctor et, sagittis ac, posuere eu, lectus. Nam mattis, felis ut adipiscing.

I’m used to converting CSGO maps and I’ve never seen such a problem. Are you sure it’s not just Crafty Object Viewer?

If I remember correctly, the CS:GO vtf format is slightly newer than the CSS version, so you need to convert them back.
Give this a go.
http://www.tophattwaffle.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=VTFVersionChanger.zip

CSS uses vtf version 7.4, some csgo textures are 7.5. You can convert using VTFedit, the VTF GIMP plugin, the VTF Photoshop plugin, or Tophattwaffle’s tool that samuel2213 posted above.

Hello nidal,

I am actually working on the same thing you are, converting cs:go maps to cs:s. You mentioned you were able to complete it fine with the regular cs:s maps, however I am having the same problems with those as you are with custom maps. There are many textures and models that are not showing up. It appears as though I have skipped the first step you mentioned, and I’m having a bit of a difficult time understanding exactly what to do. I was wondering if you could help me out with that? Thank you!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam eget ligula eu lectus lobortis condimentum. Aliquam nonummy auctor massa. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Nulla at risus. Quisque purus magna, auctor et, sagittis ac, posuere eu, lectus. Nam mattis, felis ut adipiscing.

Thank you very much for your help!

I’m going to start working right away, but have you tried to re-embed the materials and models files back into the .bsp using pakrat?

Congrats mate!

Hi nidalnijm, I have a very large have any queries or you would like to convert for me 2 maps from CS: GO ask you as hard as I wanted to myself but I can’t these 2 maps to the de_cache and de_overpass once again I ask you to convert them to CS: SOURCE. Reply in free time.