Help with Gmod

Hello… I am a noob to gmod i need to ask some questions… feel free to not answer them if you think this is stupid :slight_smile:

1. Whenever i go to the first map the grass and in the water is purple… (even most of the wepons and objects too)

2. How to make doors, if you can

3)How to download stuff… (I looked at a guide once but it didn’t work and i can’t find it again)

1. How to open up the console for inputting commands such as AI_Disable

2. How to make movies… I looked on youtube but the people don’t speak up and the graphics r too bad to see what they r typing in…

If it helps… I just got a brand new Windows 7… Haven’t checked my software yet for Drivers

If you can help with my noobish questions thank you :slight_smile:

1. it’s a missing texture. Maybe reinstall or someone else has a better solution for you.

2. you can make doors in a lot of different ways. But I think you will be better off with the Doorstool: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=14017

3. I will use the DoorStool as an example here:

Press download > When it’s done open up and extract it to: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps*your name goes here*\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons > done

1. Go to options > advance > check the console box that you can open up with (~)

2. I need further information about this one. Like what pc you are using and resolution.

1. The best addons (Wiremod, PHX, etc) use a way of downloading called SVN. SVN Tutorial: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=688324

2. If what glennman said doesn’t work, do this:

• Right click Gmod in the steam games lsit
  • Click Properties
  • Click Set Launch Options
  • Type “-console”
  • Launch Gmod

If nither work, put ";command into chat. It will run the command.
e.g. ";ai_disable 1

Never knows about that. But what Divran said it the best way if you dont have a amarican or brittish keyboard

thanks ill try

Nvm… :stuck_out_tongue:

I downloaded some stuff but some didnt work AND some where the purple shades again ):frowning:
I hate this…

What map are you using when the purple and black show up?

Also, for installation, do this: go to Program Files/ Steam/Steamapps/<youraccountname>/garrysmod/garrysmod/ First, you need to download WinRaR (just search it). When you download something, choose “open”. There should be a few folders labeled with something like lua or models. Move these to garrysmod/garrysmod and click yes to merge. It should work.