Help with .sbm format

I’m trying to rip a model from one of the games I own, but it’s in .sbm format and I haven’t had any luck figuring out a way to import it into 3dsmax or a way to convert it into a more usable format.

Can anyone help me out, or at least point me in the right direction? Is there perhaps a patch or converter for this file type?

What game is it? Because SBM could be anything.

Starship Troopers (2005)

It uses .sbm for the models and .dds for the textures. The textures shouldn’t be a problem, I’ve seen a few converters for that file type… but I’m not having any luck with the model format.

If anyone can help me out I’d really appreciate it.

Looks like you’re probably going to have to use 3dripperdx

Well that’s just the problem, 3dripperdx requires that I be able to run the game. Starship Troopers only works on older Nvidia graphics cards, my new computer’s got a newer ATI, so all I get when I load it up is a black screen with flashes.

That’s why I’m looking for a way to convert the models, I can’t play the game anymore, but I want to at least get some use out of all the cool ship, weapon, and bug models. And unfortunately since I can’t play the game, I can’t capture the models using ripper.