Help With Server Addons

I recently started a server. I won’t state the name because I don’t want to be banned, but I had a friend help me set it up. Now that I am more comfortable with everything, there are things that I wan’t to remove and add from the server. How do I add addons to my server? Me and my friends had a falling out it seems, and he won’t help me. any chance I could get some help?

You add legacy addons in the garrysmod/addons/ folder

So, would that be the .gma files? I’m saying, So i have these addons that are installed from the workshop, and I like one, like the weight tool. But all I see is the weight_tool.gma. Is that what I put in the addons folder?

Nobody Knows or can confirm what I asked…?

You download the addon and open the folder/zip put everything in the
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps<username>\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons
Hope this helped!

Ok, but where do I download the addons from in the first place? I’m running a server, and the workshop link was broken in a recent update. I guess, what I’m saying is. I know how to get things from garrysmod.com and from workshop, but the garrysmod.com addons are mostly broken, and from the workshop it doesnt give out folders, just .gma files.
I would prefer a person with experience help me out. It would be very appreciated. Thanks for the suggestions guys, but those aren’t quite what I’m looking for.

If you want to properly install addons on your server you have to convert each addon that is a GMA file to material, models, or sound. You use a GMAD converter to accomplish this. Then after you do that just drag the folders to their respective places. If your doing it from garrysmod.com they are usually already broken down so just drag those in. Hope this helps.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1173875