Hey Garry, pay a little attention to this enormous fucking problem

I don’t understand why the Gmod dev team continually ignores the community.

There’s a huge problem of people not being able to host servers or join any servers (myself included) due to a problem with the sandbox gamemode- nothing fixes it. This problem afflicts probably 6 in 10 people (from observation of server populations pre and post update, as well as friends).

Complete reinstalls, no addons, nothing, so you can’t blame this on third party shit- it’s your fault, fix it. You release another patch without even fixing the fuckups of the last one. The problem only affected me hosting listenservers when 88 came along, and after 89, I can’t join any servers( as well as many, many other people.)

At least show tell you’re putting some work towards it, it’s really a colossal problem. Sorry for posting this in this section, but it’s abundantly clear that no one of the dev teams pays any attention to the support forum, probably not even this one.

here’s the thread of people with said problem

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=965237

Didn’t affect me. What the Hell are you on about? I’m sure if it really was 6 out of 10 people getting these kind of errors. You’d see more threads about it. Sadly I don’t see any. Its that or I’m blind. But I’m sure I don’t see any.

He’s working on his new house, his new office. Probably many other life things. Give him time.

Hey guess what?
Garry isn’t some robot that waits for people to criticize and correct his every move, so he can redo patches.
He is human being who has other things to do.
This “huge group of people” hasn’t said a word, only you with both of your threads.
Just because you didnt get any replys in your thread after only one day doesnt mean you need to make a new one in GD whining about it.

Just because you have some shitty issue probably from your internet connection does not mean all of us got it.

I guess if 1-2 people don’t have the problem, no one does, despite the 50 or so people i’ve talked with who have the problem, not to mention just take a peek at the help section (oh right no one does)

[editline]10:35AM[/editline]

how would an internet connection have anything to do with a cache corruption

Well re-install GMod, is it that fucking hard? If not then re-install steam.

At least be descriptive of your problem. Are you referring to that buffer overflow error? Because that’s a source issue as far as I know.

i wonder if anyone actually read the op

[editline]11:12AM[/editline]

you apparently didn’t

Oh, misread. Didn’t see the part about it happening after update 88.

Maybe if you didn’t sit on your arse and moan, instead sending in crash dumps he might fix it.