hijack.displayproperties?

hey guys i recently posted that i have a lua virus since then i downloaded the free version of malwarebytes here is the log it came back with ( the viruses it picked up are hijack.displayproperties, trojan.agent and suspectautorun.rootdrive.H what do these do?)

this is the log :
Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2788
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

13/09/2009 17:07:54
mbam-log-2009-09-13 (17-07-45).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:|)
Objects scanned: 288726
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 5 minute(s), 16 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\AutoRun.inf (SuspectAutorun.Rootdrive.H) -> No action taken.
C:\Uninstall.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

anything major or is my lua virus not here? (im worried about the other stuff it picked up too)

Lua “viruses” cannot be detected by antivirus software.

LUA “viruses” aren’t viruses at all. They’re simple scripts that trigger your computer to do harmful actions, such as go to a viral website, crash your game, etc… They are in no way viruses, just malicious scripts.

bah ok i read both your posts but still any idea of what the viruses i said in my 1st post are?

so how do i get rid of a lua virus? because its removing my tools slowly like everytime i start the game

Delete the file that the lua virus is.

how do i work out which file that is?
is it safe if i delete everything on my computer related to gmod except steam (will i still be able to download it and it will work) ?

Remove uninstall.exe, that is your real virus. I’m only pointing out the exe because as far as I can tell, everything else is there to make it run when your computer is booted.

Yes, you can delete the garrysmod folder, and steam will extract a fresh copy from the GCF archive.