'hl2.exe has stopped working'-What to do?

Whenever I start up Gmod, it works perfectly until the loading screen before the menu. It will stay on the loading screen for a few seconds, but then a window will pop up saying

hl2.exe has stopped working

A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution becomes avaliable.

This happens every time. I have redownloaded it twice, have Half Life 2 (+ep1 and ep2) downloaded,working fine.

System
Processor: Intel Core 2 Dou CPU 2.00 GHz
RAM:3.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System

What should I do? Or can I just not run it?

Just wondering is your system type vista?

Yes. I’m still not sure about the graphics card, and this is on my laptop

The exact same thing is happebing to me

It’s most likely your graphics card. My laptop won’t run it either. Check the system details by right-clicking on your ‘My Computer’, and looking at all that good stuff.

PC specs?

Yes, exactly. That’s what I just told him to do.

I dont see a graphics card, maybe thats the problem?

hi you may have an .dll location error at hl2 main applaunch 4000 in the main files but this should be prevented by reinstalling and deleting all mods/addons and files that is left behind when you uninstall
it works always when i have the same problem, hope it helps

I have no mods/addons installed.

The problem is that you have integrated GFX card. Put -dxlevel 80 to your Launch Options.

How do I access the launch options?

EDIT:

THANK YOU! Now its working, but I might have problems , since while screwing around with it I uninstalled hl2…
Oh well, simple solution, merry Christmas everyone!