HL2 skeleton issues

Hello again everyone. I posted here a while ago with issues for a player model I was making for gmod. Well, after months, I’ve figured out how to get a model into the game. Except…I can’t figure out for the life of me WHY the skeleton keeps doing this. I’m using the sdk male smd provided.

Here’s a running sequence:

this is an idle pose:

If anyone knows how to make this look normal again, I would greatly appreciate it!

First of all, that’s a pretty coooool model.

Second, are all of your bones named properly for the HL2 skeleton, and are your bones also in the proper t-pose?

Thank you!

And yes. I imported the male_06_refrence.smd from the source sdk folder, basically reskinning the body, but adding the head and tail. So the body and the bones are all correct. I didn’t rename any of them. All I did was envelope my mesh to the skeleton. The idle pose in the picture above is the same exact t-pose I have in my blender window. So I’m not exactly sure what the problem could be. Thank you for replying!

still no avail. I did a little test and decompiled the male_04 model without doing anything to it, recompiled it, and in HLMV it worked fine. But with mine I only replaced the head and added a tail, and everything goes haywire. Any ideas? I have to be doing something wrong.

and in the gmod console, I get this error:

playermodelgmod/leon.mdl/Humans\male_shared.mdl : missmatched parent bones on “ValveBiped.Bip01_Pelvis”
playermodelgmod/leon.mdl/Humans\male_shared.mdl : missmatched parent bones on “ValveBiped.Bip01_Spine”
playermodelgmod/leon.mdl/Humans\male_ss.mdl : missmatched parent bones on “ValveBiped.Bip01_Pelvis”
playermodelgmod/leon.mdl/Humans\male_ss.mdl : missmatched parent bones on “ValveBiped.Bip01_Spine”
playermodelgmod/leon.mdl/humans\male_gestures.mdl : missmatched parent bones on “ValveBiped.Bip01_Pelvis”
playermodelgmod/leon.mdl/humans\male_gestures.mdl : missmatched parent bones on “ValveBiped.Bip01_Spine”
playermodelgmod/leon.mdl/humans\male_postures.mdl : missmatched parent bones on “ValveBiped.Bip01_Pelvis”
playermodelgmod/leon.mdl/humans\male_postures.mdl : missmatched parent bones on "ValveBiped.B

EDIT:

Nevermind guys, I’m sorry haha. I fixed it by playing around with the QC file. This stuff is hard to catch onto.
So it’s all good…for now.