HL2 weaps made into SWEPs

Has anyone made the default HL2 weapons into SWEPs? I need them in lua fashion so that I can modify some of their details (ammo type, slot, etc). I looked on gmod.org and didnt see any, so I was curious if anyone has or anyone can make some SWEPs for the default weapons?

By default weapons I mean: RPG, SMG1, pistol, frag (grenade), 357, ar2, crowbar, stunstick.

Why would anyone make the DEFUALT weapons AGAIN? They alread exist so why redo them?
Yes, I need more boxes to ship my Anthrax in. Please give me more!

because I cant change their ammo type or slot position in a gamemode without lua files for them.

edit: as I said in the OP…

They way you worded that it sounds like we should make these just for you.

[editline]03:08AM[/editline]

Puncituation.

It’s your friend.

Well… that would be nice, but no, no one should do anything for me. I assumed this had already been done by someone before and so I was asking it as such. I have no real SWEP programming skill. Although if I was forced to, I could probably come up with something looking at other SWEP luas for help. But I figured someone else’s work would be a far far better programmed and functioning weapon than my own poorly written one.

So I thought id try and ask around before I went the ugly route.

And yes, if you have a way that I can change ammo type, max reserve, and slot position on the default weapons, I am all ears :slight_smile:

Why don’t you just go get the real CS:S weapons pack and edit those?

Or The realistic Half-life pack:

That is on my list of projects. These entities made accessible to lua really would make a nice ressource to have around. I haven’t started on them tough.

Real CSS does not contain the things I listed. I already have it for the other weapons. Realistic half-life pack does not contain some of them I am pretty sure. I will go re-download to double check. But I have downloaded it before.

I have. They’re called the SWEP Bases, they’re within GMod Plus as a means for beginner programmers, through advanced to quickly write weapons based on the original HL2 weapons.

I’ve even gone as far as replicating the code for CS:S weapons, with a proper HUD, and ballistics simulation for bullet penetration just as it’s done within the game. (The CS:S features are somewhat unfinished, but they’re the closest compiled weapons to CS:S within the GMod community.)

Should I make a thread about it?

[editline]08:58PM[/editline]

I’ll make a thread about it… seems like a calling, since this is EXACTLY what I did.

I knew people would want this! :woop:

Thanks, you’ve just saved me a lot of trouble! :wink:

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=829230